Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Bend Over

After dealing with lower back pain for years, I Would routinely go to the chiropractor. In 2017, I was recommended a book called "Back Mechanic" by Dr. Stuart McGill. Do some reading about him, listen to some of his videos and consider his book. My back issues have been very minor since and haven't been to a chiropractor since. It might not work for everyone but sure did for me.

After dealing with lower back pain for years, I Would routinely go to the chiropractor. In 2017, I was recommended a book called "Back Mechanic" by Dr. Stuart McGill. Do some reading about him, listen to some of his videos and consider his book. My back issues have been very minor since and haven't been to a chiropractor since. It might not work for everyone but sure did for me.

McGill big 3 was required work from both of my chiropractors. That strengthening and stability is crucial for lower back pain.

So I went to the chiropractor this morning. Simple adjustment between shoulder blades and 1 on neck. 1 on hips.
$65.00 for mid back and neck and then an additional $35.00 for hips so $100.00 total for less than 5 minutes.
What are you paying ?
Go to a Physical Therapist, Chiros are witch craft doctors at best...

I was expecting much more from the title. Ihave to admit,
I'm a little disappointed. 😁

Me neither. Nor have I been to a masseuse.
I was a skeptic until me, wife, and boy stepped in to a random place in Bali on vacation. I swear that old lady put me into another realm, like an out-of-body experience...no joke.

No joke but some mobility training or yoga would be better than a chiropractor...plus the yoga pants at my gym are unreal!
Yoga got me functioning again after a roll over a horrendous roll over crash that left me in such pain I could barely hold a soup bowl to eat.

I herniated a disk in my low back a few years ago now. I went to a sports medicine place and they were talking about potential surgery or doing nothing. Recommended pt and it helped a little bit but I couldn’t take time off work and it continued to get worse. Changed my diet and changed many other things but it would not get better. When getting out of a chair it would take 20-30 yards of walking before I could finally stand up straight. So bad that a chiropractor pulled me aside and recommended getting an adjustment. I went a lot on the beginning and started seeing results pretty quickly. They also recommended to continue the pt. The two can go hand in hand, they are not exclusive. I get about two adjustments a month these days at $35.

It helps me work, compete, and hunt at a very high level. Diet, stretching, working out (pt), and chiro are all regular parts of my life.

I’m a dirty hippy though. We don’t have a pharmaceutical in the house, no over the counter cleaners, and many other choices we have made to live the healthiest life we can. So take it for what you will… haha

When I was un my late teens in Ireland, I injured my back playing sports. I went to a chiropractor a couple of times, both times I was there over 30 mins getting "worked on". Both times I felt good initially, but the next day the pain returned. Then I went to see a chiropractor in Belfast, who had a line of people waiting to be treated, and the line moved fairly fast. He asked me a couple of questions, while pressing a couple of spots, then made an adjustment and I was done. There was no talk of scheduling a follow-up appointment and no need to. He knew what he was doing, and knew I was fixed. Ever since then I've been of the opinion that chiropractors either know what they are doing, or they don't. If they suggest a series of follow-up appointments, then they probably don't know what they are doing.

Took a nasty hook kick to the head in a sparring match at 18. Migraine for days, couldn’t turn my head right. Ten minutes of working neck muscles lose (excruciating), then one adjustment and fixed for good. “Dislocated” neck was the term I heard.

Blindsided in rugby at 24 by a 280lb steel worker. Instantly out of the game, done for season. Mid back problems, couldn’t sit straight in a chair, couldn’t run, couldn’t tackle. Constant pain for months. Stretching, PT and MD consults- zero help, from interest in helping and results from their halfhearted suggestions (since I’m not doing surgery). Went to chiro nearly a year after, one adjustment fixed it instantly. They didn’t work on the muscles, and it audibly popped back out to 90% pain a week later. Fixed again, I did a lot of work stretching, and fully fixed over the course of the next year with working out - focus on core and stability training.

There are other examples in my own life, but these are the big two. I’m a firm believer in it, but trusting it alone to fix you long-term is dreaming- you got that way for a reason, and Your body is used to being in that condition (And the longer you stay in that condition, the longer it takes to un-train it from that).

Some are good. Some are not. Both might try to sell you other junk. But one definitely has a higher chance to cause other problems. Run away from them.

I was a skeptic until me, wife, and boy stepped in to a random place in Bali on vacation. I swear that old lady put me into another realm, like an out-of-body experience...no joke.
Cleveland Browns: Deshaun Watson Foam Core Cutout - Officially License –  Fathead

I'm kidding ok

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back