Benchmade knives?

Buddy just bought the Benchmade (15006) Steep Country on sale at Scheels. Think he said it was around $125
It's a great knife. The Achilles heel is the sheath, and Cleveland Kydex makes a nice replacement.

My favorite thing about the Bugout is how decent and solid it is for the weight. I like the feel of heftier edc knives much more overall, but for river/hiking shorts or athletic wear they’re obnoxious IMO. A place for each.
I will say I did not like the feel of the mini 940. Like a shrunken normal knife instead of a thoughtful small one.

The bugout has pretty quickly become my favorite edc knife, especially for how slim and light it is. Like snowy said, I can wear it in lightweight shorts and it feels like it’s not even there. It’s very sharp and has a nicely shaped blade for most duties. It would take an elk apart pretty well too if one was concerned about weight.

The bugout has pretty quickly become my favorite edc knife, especially for how slim and light it is. Like snowy said, I can wear it in lightweight shorts and it feels like it’s not even there. It’s very sharp and has a nicely shaped blade for most duties. It would take an elk apart pretty well too if one was concerned about weight.
IMG_3120.jpg

Been there, done that, and loved it!

Hmmm...they seem expensive to me (I have custom knives less spendy), but they sure are nice.

My heart is still in Oregon, even if my brain and ass are in New Mexico now. I like to buy from Oregon companies (Gerber, Kershaw, Leupold, Leatherman, but not Danner), my sentimental self wishes I could still live there. I will have to give my next knife purchase some thought...

David
NM

I’ve got a bailout Tanto that I’ve been carrying for about 4 years. I’d steer clear of the M4 steel if your sharpening skills are suspect. I lost a Valet a few years back and I think that might have been their best model ever. I have one of the first gen Hidden Canyons as well and that is a great knife.

BLUF: the Bugout is an outstanding knife to carry in your pocket.

I have been issued a couple of those Benchmade Autos over the years and they were decent, both broke, but that was due to them being used pretty roughly, prying, etc. They were the 154CM steel.

I currently have four benchmades.

An issue Adamas fixed blade fighter attached to my kit, that is some funky tool steel and it is harder than woodpecker lips, but a PITA to sharpen. It is good for what it is intended.

The other three are a Bugout, a Steep Country, and a Saddle Mountain Skinner. All three are S30v; which for my money is the perfect balance of sharpen-ability and ability to hold an edge.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back