Belt buckles

20230112_110406.jpg
This was a gift from my brother about thirty years ago. It's a Barlow scrimshaw buckle. I believe they are still made. Lots of different patterns: dogs, ducks, turkeys, etc. I just noticed this one is cracked. It's on the belt that holds my shell box for shooting trap/skeet. Not a huge buckle, it's barely wider than the belt.

Lower Yellowstone River agate belt buckle crafted by my late fellow Army Vietnam helicopter pilot buddy who lived on the river in Forsyth and collected and polished rocks.
As members of the Montana Army Guard unit that took over operations at the old Montana prison when the state employees went on strike, we purchased artwork and handcrafted items from the inmates. The horsehair belt was crafted by a Native American member of the Native American Indian Alliance which had a strong chapter located in the prison.

SELISKI BELT BUCKLE.jpg

I have three buckles and they are all from RMEF. I suppose you could say I have been a lifelong supporter.

This first one I won in a raffle at a banquet when I was probably 10 years old. I was not very excited about it at the time, but now I love it!

9DB23972-2ECC-48EC-913F-66E59513FDC4.jpeg

This next one cost a pretty penny, but I was single so still had disposable income. I am really happy I got it when I did.

72087EA8-ACF0-48C8-8ABA-7317578B1742.jpeg

This last one was the annual buckle for the inaugural banquet in Southeast Virginia. I was the Chairman of the committee and am very proud we held a successful banquet 8 months after forming a 5 person committee from scratch. My dad bought it in the auction and gave it to me later as a gift.

7DF09A24-33F8-49B3-ACD5-1EAADC0A72DF.jpeg

I will admit that it isn’t as cool as some, but it has some flair for being the most efficient utilitarian belt I have found so far. I have one for work and one for everyday/hunting/fishing/etc. Google “Grip6”

2A4E17F6-6CF4-4916-B23C-328CB19864C8.jpeg

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back