Beef Tenderloin-help me out

Agree with the rest to be very simplistic on spices. We rarely do beef tenderloins, but when I do - Rub it with a halved garlic clove on all sides, generously Salt it, some pepper and a dusting of Smoked Paprika. Sear in cast iron (high smoke point as VG pointed out), finish to 130-135 in the oven (or reverse sear). Rest. When you think it's rested long enough, give it another 5 minutes.

Since Tenderloin doesn't have a ton of flavor, I find Sauce to be very important. My go-to base is basically a standard French Red wine sauce. Google will turn up a crapload of them, but Shallots, Butter, Beef Stock, Red Wine, Thyme - reduce, then add back to the pan you cooked the roast in after deglazing with another splash of broth.

This is what I use for most of my main bbq. Local seasoning.

I love Malcolm's stuff. He has some of the best bbq sauce that you can buy. I've always said you know his stuff is good, because you know you can trust a fat cook.
I haven't tried his sauce but I've used pretty much all of his seasonings. Any of his recipes I've tried have been nothing short of amazing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back