Beef Tenderloin-help me out

LukeDuke

Hey all. I’m going to be grilling a beef tenderloin for the extended family for Easter dinner. I’m probably going to use my Traeger as I can control the temp/etc a bit more easily on that grill. Curious what some of the groups favorite recipes are. I’m all ears.

I like to keep it simple, steak seasoning or gsp cook it low and slow then reverse sear all sides.
This for sure. Low and slow till it's at around 120 then pull it and put it straight on a 450 degree grill and reverse sear that bad boy. Should be around 130 -135 when you pull it off. I'm a big fan of Montreal steak seasoning on tenderloin and tri tip good simple flavor that goes well with but doesn't cover up the beef.

Sell it to your neighbor for 15 bucks a pound and pull out your better meat from the freezer

I recently won some porterhouse and my God those fatty piles of crap sucked. Wanted an elk steak instead thr whole time

I agree with above. Salt, pepper, garlic and low and slow then sear it off.
Also be sure to pull the lion out of the refrigerator early and let it rest to room temp before throwing it on the Traeger.

Sous Vide @ 140, add kosher salt, and quick sear in super hot cast iron skillet with high flashpoint oil. The perfect steak.
. . . set the steak aside to rest, remove the pan from the heat, add the drippings from the sous vide bag along with a heavy pat of butter, lower heat and add the pan back to simmer and bring together for a couple minutes. Pour over steak/alongside steak/into a shot glass/etc.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back