Beef short ribs

Excellent I was planning on like 9 hours because I have no idea. Thank you
when l did mine, l think l smoked them for about 4 hours and then l pulled them out and brushed them with sauce and then wrapped them in tin foil and then put them in until they were tender, sorry l din't remember exact times.

Heavy salt and pepper, maybe some garlic powder or onion powder.

Smoke ‘em like a brisket, low temp until they stall out around 165/170, then wrap ‘em and cook to 195. Pull ‘em and rest them in a cooler with towels/blankets and let them come up to 205 or so.
Was hoping you'd chime in.

Heavy salt and pepper, maybe some garlic powder or onion powder.

Smoke ‘em like a brisket, low temp until they stall out around 165/170, then wrap ‘em and cook to 195. Pull ‘em and rest them in a cooler with towels/blankets and let them come up to 205 or so.
You think if I give myself 9 to 10 hours I'd be safe at 225?

3 rib plate
Stick to 210 - 215. Less chance of drying out with a plate, but still doable. You’ll have plenty of time with 9 to 10 hours.

That’s the good thing about resting in a cooler - they can sit in there for hours and still be plenty warm for eating. When I do pulled pork for the site I pull them off at 6:00 a.m. and take them to work. Still plenty warm by the time lunch rolls around.

I brush then with mustard before putting the rub on then kind of follow this guy

Stick to 210 - 215. Less chance of drying out with a plate, but still doable. You’ll have plenty of time with 9 to 10 hours.

That’s the good thing about resting in a cooler - they can sit in there for hours and still be plenty warm for eating. When I do pulled pork for the site I pull them off at 6:00 a.m. and take them to work. Still plenty warm by the time lunch rolls around.
Yup do the same with pork butt. Great info Thanks @BackofBeyond and @220yotekiller.]

@BackofBeyond you spraying these with anything in between?
If you have beef broth give ‘em a squirt, but not that big of a deal to me. If they get too crusty before they hit wrapping temp just wrap ‘em early. They’ll basically steam in their own rendered fat once you wrap.

For pork I like a 50/50 mix of apple cider vinegar and Coke, but I don’t like the mix of sweet and beef, just doesn’t work for me.

Paging @WildWill or anyone else who has some input. I've got some beef short ribs going in in the morning and I could use some tips...first time doing these.

Got a pressure cooker? I did them a while back in our Instant Pot. Cooked for an hour and then gave them a quick char over direct flame while basting with bbq sauce I'd made out of the pressure cooker drippings.

Got a pressure cooker? I did them a while back in our Instant Pot. Cooked for an hour and then gave them a quick char over direct flame while basting with bbq sauce I'd made out of the pressure cooker drippings.
These are the bigger slab of beef ribs, not sure they'd fit in my instapot
20230120_073441.jpg

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back