Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Because Dad did!

Service to his community. I’ll never hold a candle to all of the things my dad did to serve others and his community, but he’ll always be an inspiration to me to do more. He coached us in numerous sports, was an officer in more civic organizations than I could list here, officer of Buckeye Big Bucks club, certified B&C scorer just to name a few. He filmed every high school football game for 20+ years for the coaching staff despite none of his kids ever playing. Never got paid a dime for any of it.

Things I’m glad I don’t do: Camel no-filters and Stroh’s beer.

Browning shotguns, channel locks, Randal knives, Coors beer, Pennys town craft T-shirts.
The list of behaviors is much longer. Good thread.

Only one I can think of is baitcaster reels on my bottom bouncer poles when fishing for walleye. And I cannot cast a baitcaster at all.
We must have got switched at birth.

What comes to my mind is….

Owatonna swathers???🤷‍♂️

Browning shotguns and ruger pistols (those were the first guns he ever bought me)
LL Bean clothes (dad was always all about quality).
Linda Ronstadt, Conway Twitty, and Loretta Lynn on the radio on 8 Track. Always enjoy listening to the old country songs

WWII Springfield 30-06 (he built them both); Browning A5 shotgun (his was actually Remington Model 11 but essentially the same gun); beer (any brand); NO smokes (he quit when I was four); no gambling; Labrador retreivers.

Last edited:
Dads ability of being frugal, built his house, all masonry, in his free time, 1949.(neve moved) Ran his small business 50 years.
I'm at 40 years in my first home, 44 years(business), don't think I'll make it to 50.

Chevy trucks
Mr. Twister on a "lead-head"
Only taking something to a shop if you have already tried multiple times to fix it yourself. If a human built it he could fix it. (before you-tube videos)
Church on Sundays
Things need to be done his way. Cuz he said so. (respect your elders)

Model 70s…wish he still had some that cycled through the house when I was a kid, still have a couple though, model 12 shotguns, always feel right, ford trucks, his last truck is in my driveway, and hiding from us kids and assembling ammo in the basement with imr4350 and partitions. Never acquired a taste for ancient age, or old crow though.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moko
Back