Because Dad did!

Can't think of any products. Clint Eastwood movies and old bluegrass music come to mind though.

My dad passed when I was 25 years old so our time together was cut short. He didn’t hunt or fish so other than two uncles who were great I was self taught in hunting,fishing, trapping. I grew up in an area and era where it was easy to explore the outdoors and learn.running my traps before school with my 22 and carbide lamp was the best.but back on topic he mostly taught us to use our hands and back along with pitchfork,shovel,wheel barrow,you get the idea. Great topic,really got me to thinking 🤔

My dad bought cheap 870’s, savages in 308 and .3006, and piles of shit from the discount rack at Walmart. He couldn’t catch a fish with a fly to save his life lol. He liked to write his name on everything with a sharpie. I respect the hell out of my dad and he definitely was an accomplished big game hunter. I take after my mom when it comes to my expensive taste. My dad was also pretty straight arrow by the time he was raising us. I definitely prioritize time with family in the outdoors like my dad did. Work ethic, faith, hunting, he liked Chevy but I gave them up a while ago for Toyota.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moko
Back