Bear tag?

chadv

Would I be wasting Money adding a bear tag to my late Nov hunt? One area I'm looking at is 432/448. I wont be getting there until about the 15th and then hunt until the end of season. As a nonres the cost is about $300 and wondering if "normally" the blacks are denned by then?

Well, the money would go to state conservation coffers, so it would be very nice donation. That said, I think most black bears will be denned by late November. Of course, now that I've said that, you will see the bear of a life time on your hunt. I've seen black bear and black bear tracks by early November, but usually not much later than midmonth. However, grizzly bears are different. They tend to stay up late, slurping up gutpiles. I've found fresh grizzly tracks as late as early December. I'm not sure of the grizzly situation in 432/448. I hunt Region 1. So others may have more specific, local advice.

What Ben says. I've seen just a handful of bears in 15 years after Nov. 1. You'd be more likely to see a mountain lion and that's not too likely.

I agree with the above posts. Very slim chances of seeing a black bear.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back