Bear Spray or Pistol? Both?

The more frequent apex predators come into contact with humans, the less flight instinct, and the more incidents occur. Same with griz and wolves. Statistics show more attacks the more humans encroach into their land.
As we all know, that's not going to stop. If anything COVID has incredibly accelerated this issue.

Mountain lions are spooky farkers. If my hair stands up... my first thought is mountain lion if in their country.

Handgun, rifle, OC, any of the above would do just fine. Down side to mtn lions, they seem to prep for attack - California is a prime example of hikers, etc. The human response will be purely reactionary. It's each person's opinion for what is the fastest and most comfortable to access and fire.
I wouldn't think they'd be fans of OC and the area it covers though it will be on the person while the person must keep their head in the game.
Acknowledge the pain and deal with it while accessing the tool desired or easiest to access.

Some of the stories of attacks on humans in Cali... more people + more interaction = more incidents.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back