Bear Recipes

Don't have a specific recipe, but when I think of a summer bear dish, I think of bratwurst, polish sausage, kielbasa, and generally any of the cylindrical meat log family. Ya gotta cook those all the way through, same as the bear, and their creation allows for taking most any meat and making it tasty.

Not to be a broken record, but . . .
Straight ground bear made in to thin patties of at least 1/3 pound.
Season with lawrys and pepper. Grilled over a relatively high heat to done and no more. Toasted bun. Top with provolone cheese and some dill pickle slices. My favorite burger of all time.

The thin patty helps so it doesn’t get dry and simple is better with the toppings.

Pro tip - make sure the cheese is between the patty and the bottom bun to help keep the bun from falling apart from all the juice.

I've grilled bear steaks and roasts - they were popular (injected the roasts)
can't go wrong with ground, and I like @NEWHunter 's method above
and really like the brats/sausage method mentioned by @Nameless Range

to me, it's just meat - good meat - so any and all are good
I save the stews and such for cooler days

Do a roast in the slow cooker all day with carrots, celery, onions, and potatoes with Dr Pepper as the braising liquid with some A1 in it. Come home from work, grab a beer, take the roast out and shred it and mix in your favorite BBQ sauce and serve on warm kaiser rolls with the potatoes and veggies on the side.

Mississippi roasts are good with shoulder and chuck roasts. Rub the roast down with a packet of ranch seasoning and au jus powder packet. Cut up a stick of butter and put it all over the roast and put in a jar of pepproccini peppers and juice. top with water until just above the roast and let it cook on low all day. I take the roast out and make a gravy with the liquid and serve with mashed potatoes.

Had a local guy make me up some summer sausage with jalepenos and cheese. Very good. Wife and kids devoured it too which should speak for itself.

I e done bear roast on smoker with a prime rib dry rub very good, used some of the leftovers for stew which was amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cwdrx
Back