Yeti GOBOX Collection

Bear opportunity?

That bullet selection doesn't make sense and it's not a legal option. From the legal big game cartridges part of the regs: "The projectile used has a soft point or is an expanding bullet type"
Good to know. I’ve only used jsp out of it and that was my plan until others swore by the hardcast. They told me I wanted a deep penetrating round. And the meplat on it would be just as traumatic. Again I have no experience with that specific bullet but if the regs don’t allow it, its void anyway. Thanks for pointing it out

dont gut it at baitsite
Interesting comment.
I’ve gutted two within 20 yds of the bait barrel they were killed at and by the next morning there wasn’t a trace of gut pile left. Both were devoured by other bears. Baits stayed active too.

Have you had bad experiences with gutting by the bait?

Interesting comment.
I’ve gutted two within 20 yds of the bait barrel they were killed at and by the next morning there wasn’t a trace of gut pile left. Both were devoured by other bears. Baits stayed active too.

Have you had bad experiences with gutting by the bait?
I have never done it, just have heard that from everyone that has baited for me.

Butcher, how did you go this fall and how did it go? I am from Iowa too and looking to go to MN next year if I can.

Butcher, how did you go this fall and how did it go? I am from Iowa too and looking to go to MN next year if I can.
Hey I ended up postponing it until next September 2024. I finally had someone that went to Colorado with me. No elk but still fun. I am looking forward to going up north next year. Hopefully I can get some fishing in also

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Debbry64
Back