Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Bear Meat

I've eaten a couple of bears and everyone was delicious. I actually do mostly steaks and not much grinding. I find a great way to do the backstraps is marinate overnight in your favorite mix, wrap them in aluminum foil with a pile of onions and apples. I made steaks this way twice this spring for multiple groups of friends and everyone cleaned their plate. Another good option is to slow cook a ham and cover in bbq sauce basically do "pulled pork" but with bear.

im gonna try a bear bacon recipe if I get one this spring and see how it comes out?ive always trimmed out the fat in the past,and it seemed ok?has anybody tried the bear bacon?how much fat should I trim out?

Doubtful a spring bear is going to be fat enough to make good bear bacon. I'm thinking a fall bear is the ticket for bacon.

There's a Meateater video on Youtube where Steven Rinella makes bear bacon. Looked pretty good!

Bear meat balls, Bear Jerky, Bear sausage, Bear Sloppy Joe's, Bear Stew, Bear Shish Kabob, Bear bacon, Bear scrapple over eggs, Bear country fried steak with gravy............Bear Taco's, Bear meatloaf, Bear roast.......:D

We love bear meat, I think a lot has to do with what they eat.. dumpster vs corn or berries also cutting almost all the fat off it when butchering. That and taking care of the meat not riding around with it in the truck all day to show people like most do here in pa

I love bear killed in the fall but never ate one killed in the spring. But have been told by many, spring bear is nowhere as good as fall bear.

It has been awhile since I have had a roast or steak from a bear, but out of all the critters I make sausage out of, bear meat is my favorite. My wife will pull bear sausage out of the freezer before she grabs antelope sausage.

We aren't required to take the meat here and I'm not much of a bear hunter anyways. A couple of my buddies that have baits always use my fryer oil in trade for the backstraps from what they kill. I might try and go out for a little spot and stalk this spring season.

It has been awhile since I have had a roast or steak from a bear, but out of all the critters I make sausage out of, bear meat is my favorite. My wife will pull bear sausage out of the freezer before she grabs antelope sausage.

We aren't required to take the meat here and I'm not much of a bear hunter anyways. A couple of my buddies that have baits always use my fryer oil in trade for the backstraps from what they kill. I might try and go out for a little spot and stalk this spring season.

I'd put a good bear burger above other game meat as well; the fat is what makes it so dang good...

Not so. It's lean drug free meat that's good for him. He likes the taste, and I don't, but he licks his butt too. So, we have different tastes.

AWESOME!! LOL. Just laughed out loud...they all think I'm crazy anyway! lol

Here's some Bear Breakfast sausage and Bear Chorizo links from 2016 Bear. The shredded Bearittos were good too. My first time eating bear. Good stuff!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 299
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 300
Have had a shared a ton of my bear from Montana this year. While some sure there are bears feeding on the wrong kind of diet or people not taking care of their meat, mine has been fantastic. No complaints, aside from the fact were going through it too quickly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back