Caribou Gear

Bear Meat

I'd rather have a root canal than eat bear meat. My dog gets all of it, and that leaves the elk meat for me.

Since my whole family is my dog. I hunt bear to feed my family, and none of it goes to waste.

All the bear I ever ate back east was ground up into chili, so I never got to really taste it. The first time I 'tasted' bear was last year's HT bear hunt when Gerald brought in the roast he cooked overnight. It was amazing. Then Randy made the tacos this year and it gave me a few ideas for things for me to try, and so far, my wife and daughter and MIL and friends who swore they would never eat bear who have tried all of it have loved all of it. You can cook it well done and or do a lot with it and not dry it out if you know what you're doing or have watched a few cooking shows on Food Network or can google a recipe :D

Last edited:
I've had mixed results. Brats by MinnesotaHunter were beyond delicious but I did a pulled pork style bear from a local spring bear and it tasted like nastiness that even a gallon of BBQ sauce couldn't fix. Most other bear I've had was good enough to continue my interest in shooting one.

I just did................lol
Right out the ole snozzola.
My dogs used to eat very good,I'd cook even the bones down for stock, even stewed trout bones.
I'm sure they sneaked some uncooked dead stuff too tho.

all the bears i have taken around my house have been great. from smaller 5 footers to my last 6'4" . everyone has been just like a good cut of beef. i think if i did not tell you it was bear you would just think it is beef . now there are areas where bears eating a lot of salmon that i was told are not that great on the BBQ . i have never shot 1 that has been feeding on salmon so i can not say for sure just relaying what i was told.

I'm going to have to be one to admit that I'm not killing bears because I love bear meat and I want to feed my family with it. Same would go for wolves and cats. My mountain goat fed the birds of the local raptor center, after numerous attempts to make it palatable.

I love to hunt. I also have functional taste buds and a fear of muscle worm. If anybody wants to provide me an address, I'll gladly ship some bear meat to them this spring, as we are required to bring it all out in MT.

That's a fact!!

Bear meat is amazing bear back straps were better then deer if you ask me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back