Caribou Gear Tarp

Bear in Quebec

Preacher shaner

I am wanting to do a bear hunt. I have been to maine and never seen a bear. I would like to try again but was thinking of Quebec. Price is close and drive almost the same. So what i am asking Quebec or Maine. I have never killed a bear and would realy like to not eat tag soup AGAIN. If any of ya know a guide that you have worked with i love to know. Tbank you.

Pine acres bear camp has excellent reviews, check bow site. It’s in Ontario. Personlly I would stay clear of outfitters in Quebec. Most are just a step above loggers and step below drug dealers.

20 years ago I went on a moose hunt in Quebec where we rented a cabin and the hunt was DIY. I will never forget how the owners wife spoke and treated us. She talked to us from the first day like she absolutely hated us, the verbal and non verbal communication was nothing short of rude.

I have made many dozens of trips to Quebec for fishing, snowmobiling, moose hunting, and caribou hunting (now closed). I have always been treated well by the outfitters, and became goods friends with some. I've had a couple offer me guiding jobs when I retired. I don't speak French, so sometimes the language barrier can slow down communication. As always, there are bad apples in every barrel. The terrible trip with a Cody Wyoming outfitter last year, did not keep me from planning another trip there this year.

I lived the first 25 years of my life in Quebec and to be frank I am glad to be out of there. While I don't have much to say about my fellow Quebecers I will say this; Quebec is absolutely gorgeous and hunting there can be amazing! In terms of bear hunting though I would probably look into New Brunswick or northern Ontario.

If you do end up going with a Quebec outfitter, make sure you grab a poutine in a small mom and pop restaurant. A real one, none of that swill you get outside of Quebec...

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back