Be honest about your Wyoming elk app!

reduced price cow/calf. I simply don’t care about getting a huge bull. I can chase antlers and watch does every weekend at home.

AND IF I'M BEING SUPER HONEST: I like that the cow/calf season is earlier in the year so its warmer.

Last edited:
7 points for 'W' General, Regular Draw ...

Question, did Randy buying a Special Tag make ya'll feel okay to get one too?

15 points regular. Couldn’t justify letting them hold onto the fee for a “special”. Seriously doubt I’ll draw.

Huh, I guess I'm the only one planning my whole fall around drawing the Super Tag.
I wasn't sure if I bought any Super Tag chances this year so I double checked my account.

Super Tag - 2024

• Antelope Super Tag
    • Bighorn Sheep Super Tag
    • Deer Super Tag
    • Elk Super Tag
    • Moose Super Tag
    • Mountain Goat Super Tag
    • Wild Bison Super Tag

2 of each.

I wonder how much some folks throw into Super Tags each year. Mine is probably peanuts.

I wasn't sure if I bought any Super Tag chances this year so I double checked my account.

That’s kind of like putting on a pair of jeans and finding a $20 bill in the pocket. Only in reverse, dozens of times😉

Can’t win if you don’t play though, hope you win one!

Super Tag - 2024

• Antelope Super Tag
    • Bighorn Sheep Super Tag
    • Deer Super Tag
    • Elk Super Tag
    • Moose Super Tag
    • Mountain Goat Super Tag
    • Wild Bison Super Tag

2 of each.

I wonder how much some folks throw into Super Tags each year. Mine is probably peanuts.
If it’s anything like Idaho you’ve got little to no chance. People are spending tons of money here every year and all but guaranteeing themself a tag because they’ve got so many tickets in the pot. I’ve got very mixed feelings on it

If it’s anything like Idaho you’ve got little to no chance. People are spending tons of money here every year and all but guaranteeing themself a tag because they’ve got so many tickets in the pot. I’ve got very mixed feelings on it
Except @TW33 Drew ID's super tag combo with 1 ticket so always a chance albeit a very slim one 😀

As far as the thread question. Just points here.

Last edited:
Almost did but stuck with regular. Maybe with a few more points and experience

Stuck with the regular with 3 points. Sounds like there was a decrease in special applications, but they don't say how much.

I wonder how much some folks throw into Super Tags each year.
My name is Randy Newberg, I have a pronghorn problem. When it comes to pronghorn, my CPA frugality seems to evaporate. What I spend for the Wyoming Super Tag the Arizona Super Big Game Raffle will not be shared with anyone, including Mrs. Fin. :eek:

Even at that irresponsible level, my odds are very, very, slim.

Stuck with the regular with 3 points. Sounds like there was a decrease in special applications, but they don't say how much.

Definitely a couple of amusing lines in that article:

A G&F employee quoted as saying that Wyoming's special fee increase brings it in line with other states?

"Some" elk tags in Colorado "remain around $760"? Right, because all the other elk tags in Colorado are...cheaper than $760.

QQ

My name is Randy Newberg, I have a pronghorn problem. When it comes to pronghorn, my CPA frugality seems to evaporate. What I spend for the Wyoming Super Tag the Arizona Super Big Game Raffle will not be shared with anyone, including Mrs. Fin. :eek:

This makes me feel better about my spending on elk super tags in ID, WY and AZ 😂

BUT, your odds are not ZERO; which they would be if you don't enter.

Even at that irresponsible level, my odds are very, very, slim. Ticket purchasers must be physically present in the State of Arizona at the time tickets are purchased, although it is not required that they be Arizona residents. Any ticket purchased from outside Arizona is void and not eligible for any drawing.

I just looked into the Arizona big game raffle rules on Conservation First's website. I was shocked to see the language below included:

Ticket purchasers must be physically present in the State of Arizona at the time tickets are purchased, although it is not required that they be Arizona residents. Any ticket purchased from outside Arizona is void and not eligible for any drawing.

I just looked into the Arizona big game raffle rules on Conservation First's website. I was shocked to see the language below included:

Ticket purchasers must be physically present in the State of Arizona at the time tickets are purchased, although it is not required that they be Arizona residents. Any ticket purchased from outside Arizona is void and not eligible for any drawing.
Started last year due to a technicality in state law.

Reactions: JAG
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back