PEAX Equipment

Be aware of scams in this website

Tom_Nguyen

Hello Everyone!

I posted, I am looking for Boghorn action and bought from 2 different members and paid them a month ago and the website that give me the tracking number

Aclasscourier.com

now can’t not be found, if you buy anything make sure you can get your money back.
Tom

A member her user if Frank405 gave email of one the person he knows
[email protected]
I paid this guy name Christopher $980 , I trust him , after he received the money and he give me a tracking number under
Aclasscourier.com, now that website not exist anymore. I think these guy scam me.

Sorry to say but That’s the typical scam. They always say something like my friend/brother/etc has this. Email them at wherever.
If you paid with a credit card I’d call your company immediately.
Also a heads up for anyone buying. I always insist on the seller sending me pictures with their username/that days date in the pictures. If a seller isn’t willing to do that I will move on. Scammers are notorious for taking other people’s pictures of items for sale to use as their own.
As a seller I will always go above and beyond to insure a buyer is satisfied and confident in my sales.

A member her user if Frank405 gave email of one the person he knows
[email protected]
I paid this guy name Christopher $980 , I trust him , after he received the money and he give me a tracking number under
Aclasscourier.com, now that website not exist anymore. I think these guy scam me.

Any response from Frank405??

AFFE9C92-6202-4A98-9F1E-8CA84676B1BC.jpeg

The picture above also shows what I look for. If they are a new user I won't do business with them. Frank405 joined Jan 13 2021. That's a flashing red light to me.
I don’t know that I would paint all new members with that brush.
maybe it would require a little more homework to do bis with.

The picture above also shows what I look for. If they are a new user I won't do business with them. Frank405 joined Jan 13 2021. That's a flashing red light to me.
This is true, and fraud/fake memberships is not exclusive to this forum, we have a fair amount of this in the UK, even more so since the Covid thing.

I go by the above, check them out, lets face it all you have is a members posting name and email.
I go by, have I met them personally?, have they sold before? , and was the feedback good?, just because member A knows member B, I take it with a pinch of salt, member A could be gullible and just soak up everything member B says, they might not have ever met them, if not for making a purchase it can be for other deception.

I am in the process of making a big purchase off a forum in the UK, I did all my research, and found out (it takes a while but it's not to difficult to find info on the net) the guy knows a friend of mine.
But even so before I cough up the money I will be meeting him face to face, I will never pay that much online.

All I can say is if you do pay online, as above use a CC (in preference to PP) and just before you press the final button, take a step back and have a think, what am I about to do?!

A red flag to me is evasiveness as well, I learnt from this via a purchase I made a few years ago, I thought it was a large company, it wasn't, luckily the CC refunded me.
Last year my MIL fell victim to a scam, that took me a week to sort out for her, after digging around I found some info and passed it onto the authorities, they preyed on the elderly, scum bags!

The inter web can be a dangerous place, but thankfully it can also be great place, just be careful.

Cheers

Richard

I think had a guy try to scam me on eBay recently who did a really bad job at it. I wasn't paying attention and bought a scope from a user with very little feedback or history. He gave me a weird runaround blaming COVID for not being able to ship stuff for at least a month, but in the meantime the scope showed up so I gave him a good seller rating. Then, two weeks after that, he sent a series of odd messages about how my shipping address was wrong and they tried to ship it but it came back twice, even though the tracking information all showed the correct shipping address. Then he sent me a message asking me to see if payment still had to be made, even though it went through PayPal fine the first time. Finally he sent another message that he was going to refund my money and that he was sorry the scope never showed up, and please don't write a bad review! It was VERY bizarre, but the scope works great...

Last edited:
I think had a guy try to scam me on eBay recently who did a really bad job at it. I wasn't paying attention and bought a scope from a user with very little feedback or history. He gave me a weird runaround blaming COVID for not being able to ship stuff for at least a month, but in the meantime the scope showed up so I gave him a good seller rating. Then, two weeks after that, he sent a series of odd messages about how my shipping address was wrong and they tried to ship it but it came back twice, even though the tracking information all showed the correct shipping address. Then he sent me a message asking me to see if payment still had to be made, even though it went through PayPal fine the first time. Finally he sent another message that he was going to refund my money and that he was sorry the scope never showed up, and please don't write a bad review! It was VERY bizarre, but the scope works great...
I have to ask. Did you get the refund as well? If so that's the best scam karma I've heard of yet

If you paid with a credit card or PayPal you can dispute it.
I have to ask. Did you get the refund as well? If so that's the best scam karma I've heard of yet
One item I pay by PayPal, I could get my money back, the other item I pay by using Venmo, I couldn’t get my money back, he scammed me good and will never happen again. Karma will come to him later, maybe his car runs into a 🌲!

Sorry to say but That’s the typical scam. They always say something like my friend/brother/etc has this. Email them at wherever.
If you paid with a credit card I’d call your company immediately.
Also a heads up for anyone buying. I always insist on the seller sending me pictures with their username/that days date in the pictures. If a seller isn’t willing to do that I will move on. Scammers are notorious for taking other people’s pictures of items for sale to use as their own.
As a seller I will always go above and beyond to insure a buyer is satisfied and confident in my sales.
That is exactly, how I get hooked

I have run into this a lot on here. As mentioned, always check their profile. The other red flag is searching for the item. Dig into google images a few pages deep and they always pull images from old forum posts. I have sent more messages to mods about this issue than I can remember and never get a response.

Back