Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Baseball Fans?

Zach

So, just wondering if anyone else is more of a baseball fan, like myself. I go to more baseball games than all the other sports combined.

It's a bonus that I usually have my nights free when I'm on the road for work, so if there is baseball nearby I go check out a game.

To date I've been to 12 MLB parks and almost as many MiLB parks.

Here is my list to date in no particular order:
Arizona Diamondbacks
Chicago Cubs
Chicago White Sox
Colorado Rockies
Houston Astros*
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
Milwaukee Brewers
Minnesota Twins
Pittsburgh Pirates
San Diego Padres
San Francisco Giants
Washington National

*Astrodome

Anyone else visited a lot of parks? I added the Twins and White Sox last week.

I have plans for Boston when T. Hoffman gets inducted into the Hall of Fame. I might add Chavez Ravine in a few months when I visit SoCal. Can't believe that I never went to a game there when I lived in San Diego.

I've been to about 10 parks and love baseball. Someday I would like to organize baseballs roadtrips. 3-4 nights with 2-3 games plus some stadium tours and sightseeing. Not sure how much money there is in baseballs trips but what a fun business.

I actually approach the Rockies about doing something from Utah but just never had the time to put one together.

I've been to games at following, however some have new parks since then and now I have to go back! :D

St. Louis Cardinals (both new and old Busch)
Cincinatti Reds (old stadium)
Oakland As
Chicago White Sox
Chicago Cubs
Milwaukee Brewers
Colorado Rockies

Having two youngs kids makes it a bit tougher to do, but we are highly considering going to a Reds-Cards game in June and springing for some premium seating that includes free food/drink. We've found if you can keep snacks in front of the kids they'll tolerate it longer. Thought about doing a game at Wrigley, but didn't think my 3 & 6 year olds were quite ready for that 'education' just yet... ;)

I've been to games at following, however some have new parks since then and now I have to go back! :D

St. Louis Cardinals (both new and old Busch)
Cincinatti Reds (old stadium)
Oakland As
Chicago White Sox
Chicago Cubs
Milwaukee Brewers
Colorado Rockies

Having two youngs kids makes it a bit tougher to do, but we are highly considering going to a Reds-Cards game in June and springing for some premium seating that includes free food/drink. We've found if you can keep snacks in front of the kids they'll tolerate it longer. Thought about doing a game at Wrigley, but didn't think my 3 & 6 year olds were quite ready for that 'education' just yet... ;)

stay out of the bleacher section..........jus sayin. probably not appropriate unless you want your boy(s) asking "what are those things pointing out under that wet shirt. not that I have any first hand knowledge.:D

I've been to about 10 parks and love baseball. Someday I would like to organize baseballs roadtrips. 3-4 nights with 2-3 games plus some stadium tours and sightseeing. Not sure how much money there is in baseballs trips but what a fun business.

I actually approach the Rockies about doing something from Utah but just never had the time to put one together.

I go to spring training every year in az with a big group of guys. Going on 14 years now. Its a blast!

About every 3-4 years I try to take a road trip to parks I haven't been to and where the Padres are playing. As my boy gets older it will be easier to get away with that.

I am a long time baseball and Orioles fan. I grew up in the glory days of Baltimore baseball but have suffered a bunch until last year. Unfortunately my kids never saw a wining team until 2012 and we jokingly refer to them as the "lost generation" who don't even follow baseball.

I have only seen the Baltimore, Philly, Atlanta, and Washington ballparks.

If there was ever a sport that needs a salary cap it's baseball. Moneyball may have been a good movie but it is a crappy way to run a sport. You need teams with an equal chance (before crappy management) otherwise it is like watching wrestling.

When I went to the Nationals park, my original plan was to go to see Baltimore, but they were out of town.

I will say the Baltimore ballpark is in a much better area than the Nat's park.

As a Padre's fan, I feel your pain mdhunter.

I'm an Astros fan. Baseball is not that fun for me right now.

San Francisco (old and new)
LA Dodgers
Seattle
St. Louis
San Diego
Philadelphia
Colorado Rockies
Several Minor league Parks
And after 20+ years of coaching High School ball, more highs school fields than I care to count.

I am a long time baseball and Orioles fan. I grew up in the glory days of Baltimore baseball but have suffered a bunch until last year. Unfortunately my kids never saw a wining team until 2012 and we jokingly refer to them as the "lost generation" who don't even follow baseball.

I have only seen the Baltimore, Philly, Atlanta, and Washington ballparks.

If there was ever a sport that needs a salary cap it's baseball. Moneyball may have been a good movie but it is a crappy way to run a sport. You need teams with an equal chance (before crappy management) otherwise it is like watching wrestling.

Good point. The NFL has the best system with revenue sharing that seems to spread the love to where teams rise and fall but have opportunity to be competitive. Of course money is only part of winning. Look at that disaster in Miami.

Lots of respect for Ripken. Old school player who dedicated his entire career to Baltimore and never got a ring.

Only a few for me, not much availability for travel would love to hit up some of the pnes back east, Cubs, RedSox, Orioles, just to name a few. Also would like to go to Seattle out west, I am a huge Ken Griffey JR fan and just would like to hit up where he started even though they are in a new park now. Maybe Cincy too.

Been to:
Oakland A's
San Francisco Giants OLD and NEW

Farm Teams a lot
Fresno
Sacramento
Reno
Las Vegas

I got one for Ya! The old Municipal stadium in Cleveland. First game ever. So long ago and so young I can't remember the exact year. I was in Cub scouts in Erie , Pa. and they took us to see the Tigers and Indians. Was 1964 or 65. That was a very good Tiger team and good Indian team too. Al Kaline ,Bill Freehan,, Willie Horton. Indians had Rocky Colovito ,Max Alvis And Sam Mcdowell. Been to 3 Rivers stadium, Dodger stadium and old Jack Murphy in San diego. Oh and Bank one ballpark many times......BOB!

I've got a ball signed by willie horton!

Jim Leyland is probably the worst manager in baseball. How you can take a team with arguably the best starting rotation and hitters in the game and suck so bad is beyond me.

Tribe fan!!!! Just won series against Royals. Been to The "Jake" / Progressive Field many times, sat at Three Rivers / PNC for a few and stood on the mezzanine at Fenway. Have a Bob Feller signed ball.

I've been to:

Old Milwaukee County Stadium
Miller Park
Metrodome
Target Field
Wrigley Field
Comiskey (I believe its called US Cellular now in Chicago)
Busch Stadium
Progressive Field
Going to Kauffman Stadium this weekend

Target Field in Minneapolis is as nice of a ballpark as you will go to.

If You are a die hard BB fan You gotta take a visit to Phoenix for spring training. 15 teams all in the Valley. That's what sucks about Florida ,is they are all spread across the state. in AZ. they don't have to travel. Everyplace is right there. I know the teams love it too. No travel exspence. And every seat in the house is good, You are not up in a nose bleed section. In march You get all the sun Ya need and can play some golf too......BOB!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back