Yeti GOBOX Collection

Barnes TTSX

I love them. My last elk was shot with 130TTSX .270 Win out of my 1885 high wall. drt. Perfect mushroom on the far hide.

Never shot the Barnes but have heard nothing but good things out of them.

Nosler 130 gr. E-tip would be one worth considering also. It's really worked in my son's 6mm Remington shooting 90 gr. E-tips. He hasn't been home to hunt for a while since he's off to college. He has taken a couple mule deer bucks, and 2 or 3 antelope, and a large cow elk with that bullet. All were one shot.

I use them in a couple of rifles and have had excellent results. I wouldn't hesitate at all. I scored some 168's from Midway the other day, which is good because I was fresh out. I'm sure Hammers are great. E tips are great. It's the golden (or perhaps copper) age of bullets!

I handload 140s for my boys 270 win, he kills everything with it. Didn't have much problem getting them to shoot well either

120 gr TTSX for .260 Remington works great for deer and antelope so your load should be fine. I'm sure Hammers are great. Sure be nice if they had a downloadable loading manual. Lots of data in newsgroups, but...

I’ve never struggled to find an accurate load with the Barnes bullets I’ve tried. I use the 85gr TSX in .243, and have had good luck with both the 185gr and 210gr TTsX’s in my .338-06. I’m trying E-tips for my .30-06, but plan to continue using Barnes for the 6mm Remington and my .30/30 when I get a chance to work up some loads.

I shoot them in 308 and 243. Both shoot great and are devastating on game never had an issue one except finding them now. I have been looking all over for some .30 168 grains to load.

I use the 225 grain TTSX in my .340 Weatherby, the 168 grain TTSX in my 30/06, and the 130 grain TTSX in my .270 Winchester. My only complaint with the TTSX is that I never recovered any of the bullets to add to my "recovered bullets" collection. BUT I recovered every animal I shot with them, no tracking needed-they fell where they were shot.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back