Caribou Gear

Barnes TTSX

You won't wrong with shooting a TTSX, just remember one thing when hand loading , mono bullets like to go fast.

I've had great results with the bullet in many different cartridges, if not that then I uses the LRX .

I’ve shot the TTSX with great repeatable results. This year I switched to the LRX and expected the same results.

120 gr TTSX for .260 Remington works great for deer and antelope so your load should be fine. I'm sure Hammers are great. Sure be nice if they had a downloadable loading manual. Lots of data in newsgroups, but...

Attachments

• Absolute Hammer Load Data Post (Rev4)(10-19, 21, 27, 29, 31)(11-1,2, 3,5,7,10,12,13, 21, 24, 2...pdf
    958.6 KB · Views: 15
I shoot the 130 ttsx in my 270. Killed quite a few elk with it with great results.

Worked great on a pig and again on a mule deer. Perfect mushroom on the mule deer. I haven't looked into it but wonder about the velocity needed to perform well affecting longer shots. Not an issue for me under 300.

They are high quality. Absolutely shoot them if they are accurate (and they likely are).

I use them in my 06's, 7mm Mauser AI & 338. Load development was easy, and I'm mostly right around where I was with bonded bullets in terms of load (maybe a grain or two difference). I've only shot one animal with them, but they did the job perfectly.

I'd reinforce that they like speed, so dropping down a weight to get that zip is necessary. 150's for the 308 would be perfect for everything in North America.

I shoot them in 308 and 243. Both shoot great and are devastating on game never had an issue one except finding them now. I have been looking all over for some .30 168 grains to load.
Midway had 168 grain ttsx this morning

Neither of my 375s like them nor does my 338 Jarrett. In part because I just wasn’t willing to screw around too much given the recoil. Every thing else I‘ve shot them in down to 243 has been effective accuracy wise and all but the 243 have killed elk at moderate ranges. My 06 is a death ray with 150gr ttsx

130 gr TTSX for my .270 Win is my go-to load.
I like it because its accurate, excellent terminal performance and relatively inexpensive.
Before the panic buying, I could get a box of 50 for $30 with free shipping to Alaska.

I have been shooting TSX for a few years, but not tried TTSX. Last weekend I decided to see if I had any primers and found an unopened primer brick and right beside them 300 7mm TTSX bullets. I guess I need to clean some brass and eat more blue berries for memory issues. :D

Back