Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Ball caps for promotions

2rocky

Historically, my company has ordered custom embroidered and leather patch caps in the Richardson 112 style.

I'd like to broaden the style selection on the caps we sell and i think the HT Crowd is a good Test Group for opinion Testing.

The classic 112 (What we usually do)
1695746467937.png1695746501108.png
1695746538273.png

One option.. 7 panel flat bill

1695746410911.png

Camper Style 5 panel

1695746731471.png

Hats are very personal, but I'm not wild about the 5 or 7 panel hats. We use the 112 a lot, I also use the Richardson 115 low profile hat. Sometimes I can't tell the difference between the two styles, on other orders they are noticeably a lower profile, which I like. Also, buy a few in the 112 XL for bigger heads. We've done a lot of the different colors over the years, but loden/black, khaki/coffee, heather grey/black or white, and charcoal/black all have been popular choices.

Last edited:
I’m still a 112 fan, I have a big head and they are deep enough that they fit well.

I don’t do any flatbrims.

I got one in the 7 panel style for Christmas last year. The fit is fine but the way the panels are cut hasn’t grown on me yet.

Haven’t seen anything in the camper style but not wild about it from the stock photos.

I'm open to other hat architecture ideas. The 112 will continue to be THE mainstay. it is just that when I had to step out into non traditional styles and colors in the past, I was surprised that the uniqueness was well received so i want to be open minded..

53 yr old here (important as I may not be your demographic). I personally wont go near a flat brim. I am not a fan of the Richardson either. My preference is curved brim, lower profile.
Not that old but I agree. The Richardson 111 is my style.

53 yr old here (important as I may not be your demographic). I personally wont go near a flat brim. I am not a fan of the Richardson either. My preference is curved brim, lower profile.
You and me both. That's why i need to get other perspectives...

I like the 7 panels and ever since I had to start wearing eye glasses all the time, I switched exclusively to wearing flat brims. I can't wear a hat high on my forehead, so I choose the flat brim over that.

112. But what generational cohort are we talking about here?

Full disclaimer I identify as a millennial and my preferred pronouns are he/his/him (I think).
Gen Z’s pop stars are offended by their own beauty and try to cancel that too! Bro, we’re old now like Boomers joking about cell phones.

1695752036075.gif

Gen Z’s pop stars are offended by their own beauty and try to cancel that too! Bro, we’re old now like Boomers joking about cell phones.

My 11 year old son has taken to the term bro. I’ve brought back its usage at an extreme level to show him the error in his ways.

And I should probably edit my post above - I was born as a millennial but I think I identify as a member of the silent generation. I might be confused though as to what that actually means and it’s significance to my life as a whole.

And to the OP - sorry to sidetrack - the hats in general are a nice idea. Better than the little desk ornaments we get. I think it’s great the company is being more sensitive to each employee’s individual style, needs and preferences. Good luck

Honestly I would go with something other than hats for swag. I am bald and I probably throw away 6-8 hats given to me by vendors every year. I don't wanna be rude and not accept them...but honestly how many ball hats does one bald guy need.
I use the multi charging cables with logos on them way more than the hats I get.

My 11 year old son has taken to the term bro. I’ve brought back its usage at an extreme level to show him the error in his ways.

And I should probably edit my post above - I was born as a millennial but I think I identify as a member of the silent generation. I might be confused though as to what that actually means and it’s significance to my life as a whole.

And to the OP - sorry to sidetrack - the hats in general are a nice idea. Better than the little desk ornaments we get. I think it’s great the company is being more sensitive to each employee’s individual style, needs and preferences. Good luck
Don’t wig out too much, dude, you know where you’re from. I’m watching the Netflix about “American Gladiators” right now. It’s so righteous! And btw, if my kids ever wore anything but the Classic 112-type hats I’d call them posers.

I have a bigger head, but another one for the curved brim, lower profile caps here. Seems I haven't been able to find a hat I actually like in several years. Found one a couple months ago at a store that fits fantastic. Trucker hat that came from legacy92.com

Wow! I'm amazed at the common, casual theme of discussion over baseball hats! You guys are far more dialed in than I could ever share. Hah!

Lot of great colors!

The hat depends on my interest for the day.

Flat brim... No -fing way.

I really like your mainstay hat.

I like earth tones. And if more than two tone, it has to look seamless and not boombox on the shoulder type of gloating, "look at me" hat.

Every time I view through them, I think your mainstay is the #1 for my interest as well... including it's tri-color.

Bunch of worthless yammering but hey, it's the internet. 😂

Boombox and no flat brim likely aged me.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back