Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Bad news from Arizona

I was at the meeting, too. NO re-draw!

G&F is just awarding additional tags for deer tags (north of the Colo. R.) and bull elk tags to those who would have been drawn had there not been the 10% cap for certain hunt units, but who were thrown out due to the cap. In effect, those were non-residents, and a few residents who had applied along with non-resident friends. NO hunters will have their tags taken away if they were successful in the original draw!

The original draw results for all big game hunts should be made public by tomorrow evening (Tues., July 20), with the additional tags awarded a few days from now.

How Ariz. G&F determines next year's policy will be arrived at after considerable input (including public meetings) over the months to come.

The extra tags awarded (distributed across the state) are for units where the 10% non-resident cap came into play:

127 more deer tags for Units 12A, 12B, 13A, 13B (10 total of those to residents)

678 more elk tags (39 total of those to residents)

Bottom line, the 10% cap is HISTORY.

I don't think G&F could have handled this any better --- it was a tough issue to get through!

We can thank greedy George Taulman for the first step that will undoubtedly change hunting for non-residents in states across America (and I'm pretty sure you in other states, like we Arizonans, are going to find it a somewhat bitter pill to swallow)!!!

Peace,

Lv2hnt

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back