Bad deal...

The Government never does anything quickly including the Corps...pretty sure they are still fixing stuff in New Orleans from Katrina...full disclosure former USACE civilian employee. It's not really the Corps fault they are caught up in the Govt budget cycle. It will take at least 2 years for the complete funding to be approved.
As much as strategic and economic importance, do not discount the expediency of election year urgency...

Im as far from an engineer as you can get, but, That’s exactly how I’d expect the bridge to fall. The ship took out the “keystone” and caused the whole thing to fail. The beams from both sides are joined together on that pillar and when their support was taken out they collapsed in.
I'm no engineer either. I guess I just expected there to be some independence between the sections in case something like this ever happened.

But now I know the bridge was built back in 1977.

I'm no engineer either. I guess I just expected there to be some independence between the sections in case something like this ever happened.

But now I know the bridge was built back in 1977.
I'm not an engineer either. I would venture a guess that a ship weighing 100,000 tons moving at 8 knots probably hits with more energy than granddads 30/06.

Just sayin'.

At the end of the day, the bridge is down. Are we going to argue that we need guns in schools, that we need ar-15s in every home, or are we going to stand together and rebuild that bitch. I know what side I’m on. Being the snowflake libtard I am.
Are there people who are saying not to build the bridge back? Is that a thing people are saying? Is there a "side" of people that think the bridge should just stay in the water?

Are there people who are saying not to build the bridge back? Is that a thing people are saying? Is there a "side" of people that think the bridge should just stay in the water?
Ugh. Would you just go away already. You twist and turn my words so much. Still waiting for your answer on if your church will help out for what I asked for. Feel free to PM. But other than that, go troll somewhere else

Ugh. Would you just go away already. You twist and turn my words so much. Still waiting for your answer on if your church will help out for what I asked for. Feel free to PM. But other than that, go troll somewhere else
I was asking if there are people on this thread saying we shouldn't rebuild the bridge. I haven't read the whole thing.

I was curious as if you were referring to me. You seem to confuse libertarianism with being an anarchist.

I was asking if there are people on this thread saying we shouldn't rebuild the bridge. I haven't read the whole thing.

I was curious as if you were referring to me. You seem to confuse libertarianism with being an anarchist.
I don’t waste my time thinking about you. Get over yourself. Go finish your hunt thread. Or did that not get the drama you were looking for?? I don’t waste my day thinking about you. You’re not that important

Hydraulic engineer here, not structural so take it with a grain of salt. If we design bridges to take that kind of impact, the entire US transportation budget will be lucky to build one every 10 years. Everything is a balance of risk vs cost; with enough money anything is possible, but design criteria are selected so that a bridge will survive any expected event in its design life, and I’m pretty sure a 100,000 ton impact to a pier isn’t currently and will never be one of the design criteria.
Black swan event

Don’t you have a hunt recap to finish???
So, typically I do a few months, then either forget or lose interest. Then I get on again around February of the next year and finish. So maybe not until 2025 for the 2023. By then, no one cares.

But they have been fun to write so I may try to get it done.

So, typically I do a few months, then either forget or lose interest. Then I get on again around February of the next year and finish. So maybe not until 2025 for the 2023. By then, no one cares.

But they have been fun to write so I may try to get it done.
You started one the other night to distract from your trolling. Get over yourself already

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back