Caribou Gear

Back the Blue...robotic dog?

SAJ-99

I can see this as both useful and terribly disconcerting.

Dang, full-blown Fahrenheit 451 right there.

"He could feel the Hound, like autumn, come cold and dry and swift, like a wind that didn't stir grass, that didn't jar windows or disturb leaf-shadows on the white sidewalks as it passed. The Hound did not touch the world. It carried its silence with it, so you could feel the silence building up a pressure behind you all across town."

0c3e077f-401e-4874-b019-219e4ac5443e_text.gif

I can see this as both useful and terribly disconcerting.

Spot have voter registration credentials yet?

I’d always hoped that the first real-life R2D2 would be a bumbling, friendly helper type instead of a full on panopticon surveillance machine like the K5 Autonomous Security Robot in that article.

Spot have voter registration credentials yet?
You ever heard the rhetoric from the police unions in the city? Spot is going to live on Staten Island with a “Let’s Go…” sticker on his little robotic doghouse, eliminating any dogs that piss in its yard with laser beams from its eyes.

You ever heard the rhetoric from the police unions in the city? Spot is going to live on Staten Island with a “Let’s Go…” sticker on his little robotic doghouse, eliminating any dogs that piss in its yard with laser beams from its eyes.
Good dog...

Good dog...
Ha! I’m going to go ahead and try to market the rights for a class & culture war animated action movie depicting the battle between Staten Island Spot and the Upper East Side Coyote.

Ha! I’m going to go ahead and try to market the rights for a class & culture war animated action movie depicting the battle between Staten Island Spot and the Upper East Side Coyote.

Directed by Wes Anderson.

Cultural zeitgeist, moar please . . . ; )

Directed by Wes Anderson.
Love it! Have to figure out where Goldblum fits into the story. I'm sure Anderson will drop whatever other project he has in the works for a chance to pitch me his ideas on this.
Cultural zeitgeist, moar please . . . ; )
Always doing my best to make some LOLs out of the chit-sandwich that is contemporary US society.

Of course the other side of this coin is in a situation like they had in Austin Texas a few years ago where multiple police officers were killed. The chief authorized the remote control bomb robot to enter the room where the heavily armed suspect was barricaded. When he refused to surrender they smoked him with the attached.12ga shotgun.

Nobody else got hurt. Done!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back