Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Back from Wyoming!!! SUCCESS!!!!

Deerhunter80

Here is the Mule Deer and Antelope from my hunt near Douglas WY. I'll write up the details later but here are the photos!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,056
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,047
Thanks guys the deer was kind of a fluke, we had been chasing this group of goats around all day, one of the bucks was really nice. Unfortunately, once they were buggered we couldnt get within 1/2 mile without them taking off. So we probably walked 10 miles the first day and as it was getting dark we decided to give them a break till the next morning. We headed down toward a drainage and out popped a buck, we look to the left and there are 3 other bucks just standing there looking at us. Well in a flash I grabbed my rifle and one of the guys said the one in the back is the biggest of the group. I took his word for it a squeezed off a shot with my 7mm rem mag. He was 140 yards out and never took another step. Dropped like a brick. The next morning my brother in law managed to sneek with in 150 yard of the antelope we were chasing the day prior and took him so we needed to find me another goat. We went to a different property and got on a group that had no clue we were in the world. Snuck into 130 yards, waited for him to turn broadside and wham dropped him in his tracks. I feel kind of cheated that i only got to shoot twice! :D

Critters all mounted up

hey guys - got these back from the taxidermist, so I figured I'd throw up the finished product from my Wyoming trip! Enjoy

Attachments

• Mule Deer.jpeg
    Mule Deer.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 629
  • Antelope.jpeg
    Antelope.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 632
Dandys for sure! Headed to Eastern WY for first time this fall with my daughter for antelope. Looks like I need to check out Mule Deer in the future. Great Job!!

Yea Wyoming is target rich, they had a pretty bad drought last year in the eastern portion of the state so that probably hurt the antler growth a bit, I am tickled with these critters though.

Very nice. What is that pose called? I see it's a semi sneak & left turn but it also has a head tilt?

ElkNut1

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back