back from Namibia

mixedbag

Had an awesome time in Africa the past 2 weeks.I was lucky enough to take 6 animals and 2 of which were biggest killed ever in that concession.I'll try and learn quick how to post the pictures.I got 4 with my bow and 2 with the rifle.I would highly recommend the place I went for a bowhunt;Agagia.And, they have a website if you want to check them out.My kills include kudu,gemsbok,warthog and blue wildebeest with my bow.And a mountain zebra and impala with my gun.of all the animals, the zebra was the most challenging.I was very surprised at how much the animals used the wind.Like an elk, if the wind switched, they were gone.The trackers were incredible,and I've never seen guys follow blood trails that good anywhere.They were also great at spotting game.On the zebra, the PH spotted it at 100 yards with ears only thing showing in the brush.
The food and accomadations were top of the line for a hunting camp,and they would wait on you for any need.The culture there was alot different then the states.I can only compare it to the US back in the slavery days.Not my type of culture,but the colored seemed quite content in their lives there.They could also speak much better english then the owners.All in all, a fantastic trip/adventure and another place I can scratch off my list of must see's.Alaska will be my next adventure since now I've finally located some partners for that trip in 2014

Congrats on a great hunt and taking some great African animals! Looking forward to pics! (
Don't feel bad about posting pics, someone else has to do it for me!)

"Slavery"??!!??!! WTF?!?!? Slavery was outlawed in the African Colonies before it was here! The "colored", i.e. Blacks, have JOBS! Without the hunting industry they would be unemployed----you know, like many of the "colored" here!
Now that I got that off my chest....

Yes, African trackers are unbelievable--I would have had to pay for a couple of blood spots without them. And Zebra may well have better senses than our whitetail. That's why other animals hang with them! They can be quite hard and enjoyable to hunt! What other sites did you get to take in on your adventure? Planning your next African adventure yet?

IF I ever go to afreeca, those are the critters I'd like to get. maybe not the impala, but the zebra sounds like it could be fun to go after. have a buddy who has been there a lot who offered to pay for my trip for posting his pictures. helluva guy.........:D

Pretty good buddy there.think its going to hurt when I add up the total cost of my trip but its something I had to do and see

Here are the pics from Mixedbag's Africa Hunt.

Attachments

• IMAG0022.jpg
    IMAG0022.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 544
  • IMAG0028.jpg
    IMAG0028.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 613
  • IMAG0032.jpg
    IMAG0032.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 549
  • IMAG0040.jpg
    IMAG0040.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 546
  • IMAG0058.jpg
    IMAG0058.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 534
  • IMAG0059.jpg
    IMAG0059.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 526
Almost all of them are beautiful animals (warthog, not so much but still cool), but I love the kudu! Congrats on a successful!

Nice critters. If your not doing a shoulder mount of your Blue Wildebeest, I sure hope you had the flat skin preserved for tanning as he has a gorgeous hide on him. They make awesome rugs/throws. Your warthog looks really nice too. You were lucky to get him as the European hunters LOVE old broken tusk warthogs and are willing to pay for them. Lets see your Zebra too!

It looks like you had a great safari and got some great animals.

GOOD JOB!!!
I agree with RF---hope you had the flat skin or back skin of that Gnu saved! It is a pretty one as I have seen! I didn't even save horns on my first one (mistake shot) but I saved full flat skin and it is draped over my couch , pretty but not as pretty as the one you nailed!

Tom,
How many african hunts have you been on? You seem to be a regular to the dark continent. FYI, I would be happy to post pictures for you in return for a African Safari!!! ;)

My zebra and impala pics are still to come.I am doing a head mount on the blue for my son.I sat there trying to decide if I should do a euro and rug or shoulder mount.He was super big too as he did get a gold medal.My oryx also got the gold and went 42 1/2" which was the biggest ever killed in that camp.The warthog was my warm up and didn't want to waste alot of time on them

bjtc brian, I made my first trip in 2002 at age 59 so dreams can come true even for old farts! That trip was to Zimbabwe where I have hunted twice more. I have been to Zambia twice, Tanzania on a discount deal a PH friend got me or I would never have been able to afford it, South Africa 5 times--two were double up trips while going to a different country, and to Botswana on the just completed hunt.

Mixedbag, I knew that Gemsbok was long from the pic but that is awesome length. Congrats again!

Congrats on an awesome hunt. Those are some great trophies, especially that big gemsbok. Our group of 4 takes off July 30th for a South Africa plains game hunt. For 3 of us, it's our first trip to Africa. I pretty much daydream about it all day long.

Your going to have alot of fun.I recommend bringing alot of ammo or arrows.If it wasn't for the plane ride, I'd probably return again sooner.

Give Delta the extra $160 each way for the ATL--JNB flight for the extra 4-inches of leg room and additional reclining! And take your own eye coverings because Delta is too cheap to supply them!!

By the way, does anyone have any recommendations for a good airline approved bow case? I need to be ordering one fairly soon.

I got mine from HuntHard Core;Badlands Terraglide.Its an awesome bow case for travel.I fit everything I needed for Africa in it.Plus, it doesn't look like a bow case for any anti's to slam around for you.My bow shot perfect the day I unpacked it in Africa.I think they are around $270 but well worth it.I'll be using it for my family trip to Florida in 3 weeks.
Have to take the wife and kids somewhere or I'll be divorced come Sept when I leave again for Wy elk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heddenbk
Back