Caribou Gear

Back from La Paz

Calif. Hunter

4 days on a boat and I'm still swaying back and forth.....

No marlin hooked, but we did see some. Michael caught a little skipjack as the first fish, and we ended up with 5 big Dorado/Mahi Mahi. The smallest was about 30 pounds and the biggest was about 55 pounds. I landed 3 out of the 5, plus the smallest one and the biggest one.

Michael did very well - he fought a couple of the dorado for over a half hour before handing the pole over to me. Pictures will follow later - please ignore the SPF 45 sunscreen slathered all over my face... ;)

My right ankle and the top of the same foot swelled up very badly...I'm not sure if it was poor circulation from sitting in the fishing chairs and very little walking or too much salt since lunch was just snacking on chips and nuts for the most part. Maybe being barefoot that much, which I am not used to, and too much sun? The swelling is about gone now.

I gave him a bonine pill on Friday and it knocked him out for a few hours that afternoon. When he woke up, he made me promise not to give him another one. :eek:

He did fine - not even a momentary problem. When we were on our way back to port after 4 days, he stood on the fantail with his hands on his hips and told me, "Dad, I think I was born for the sea." :D

He was a hit with the skipper and the deck hand, helping swab the blood off the decks while singing "Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...." ;)

"Dad, I think I was born for the sea."

LMAO.
Hope you got ya a pic of that.
Congrats on the memories made.

Man those are some big dolphin. The biggest I've boated was a 30 pounder. Congrats on a great fishing trip.

I know how the scout meetings go. Thats why I don't like to go and usually find a way out ;)

Waiting for pic's !!! Awesome man !!

Back