Caribou Gear

Back from Africa

OntarioHunter

I decided to post my recent trip to Africa in pdf installments. Easier to do the writeup ... and easier for disinterested to skip to the next post. We'll see how this works. Or if it works.
Edit: Some had trouble opening pdf file. So I have converted it to jpg image files. Scroll down.

Attachments

• Chapter One.pdf
    282.3 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
I cannot get the attachment to download. What am i not doing right?

I cannot get the attachment to download. What am i not doing right?
Darn! What are you seeing when you click on it? Are you using a phone or computer? You may need to download Adobe pdf program/app but I can't imagine a computer or phone without it installed. My phone asks if I want to download, then after I click yes I'm prompted to open the file.

i am using an Ipad. I hit the attachment symbol which sends me to a page asking if i want to download which i hit and it sends me straight back to your post

i am using an Ipad. I hit the attachment symbol which sends me to a page asking if i want to download which i hit and it sends me straight back to your post
Nuts. The computer has stored the file somewhere. Strange that it's not asking if you want to open it. Look for an "files" icon on your desktop. I don't have an iPad so can't help much. I could send it to you as an email attachment. Maybe I should convert to jpg images and post the chapters that way? Let's see how that looks.Chapter One-page-001.jpgChapter One-page-002.jpg

Not going to lie, the format sucks just for the fact that its impossible to see the photos that go with it :( otherwise its good storytelling!
Yes. I see that the photos are not coming out well when reformatted from pdf to jpg. Very good quality in pdf though. Here's chapter two pdf. Sorry for the delay. In church.

Attachments

• Chapter Two(2).pdf
    950.7 KB · Views: 16
Agree. Reg web would be infinitely more viewable on the phone. Very interested in your trip.
Try turning the phone sideways to view pdf. That helps. The object is to leave the story of the African trip as something my grandson can keep. Incidentally, that fart is already putting the pressure on Papa to take him over next year. The lodge people also got wind of it (my daughter and owner's wife are on Facebook together). I'm feeling the heat. May have to go back to work to pay for it. Wonder where I put my male stripper outfit? Hope the moths haven't got to it.

Try turning the phone sideways to view pdf. That helps. The object is to leave the story of the African trip as something my grandson can keep. Incidentally, that fart is already putting the pressure on Papa to take him over next year. The lodge people also got wind of it (my daughter and owner's wife are on Facebook together). I'm feeling the heat. May have to go back to work to pay for it. Wonder where I put my male stripper outfit? Hope the moths haven't got to it.
I hope you posted the stripper comment whilst in church.
Great write ups so far! PDF is way easier for me, fyi

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back