Caribou Gear Tarp

Back Country Hunters and Anglers.org?

Osvidar

:confused:
Who are backcountryhunters.org? Seems we have so many conservation groups: RMEF Mule Deer Fdn,, WTF, Trout U., Etc. we may be diluting ourselves. OTOH, if they are a legit group with a niche, I'm interested. BTW-- SCI or Dallas SC?

Try here:

http://www.backcountryhunters.org/

I'm one of the co-chairs for the Wyoming Chapter and I know jryoung is a co-chair for the California Chapter.

I agree with you regarding so many groups out there, and exactly why the Wyoming Chapter of BHA joined forces with 8 other sportsmen groups to form the Wyoming Sportsmens Alliance.

The alliances work well to have a unified voice behind important wildlife issues that impact most ALL sportsmen. Most of the various groups and their chapters are all now taking a serious look at the WSA. Our recent success of passing SF45 is an example of what we can get done being united, and what we most certainly would not have gotten done as a fragmented group.

The beauty of the WSA is that each group can choose to participate in any issues they want to work on together, or choose to not be part of the alliance if they have a different opinion/stance on an issue. The WSA allows each group to keep its own identity, while at the same time having a unified voice when necessary/appropriate.

There are lots of good groups out there, just dont join SFW.

Good question, Osvidar. I am national co-chairman of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers. I have long supported groups like Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation (I've written for Bugle Magazine for 20 years.) I think all these groups appeal to different niches of sportsmen and -women. As long as we're all working for conservation, I think diversity a good thing. BHA is different as it focuses on a style of hunting, instead of a species like ducks, mule deer, elk or what have you. We strive to be the sportsmen's voice for our wild public lands, waters and wildlife. Most of us will never be lucky enough to own our private hunting ranch, so public land is critical. We're gaining a lot of momentum, so check us out at www.backcountryhunters.org or visit our annual Rendezvous in Denver later this month!

They have a banner on this site as a result of the efforts they have made to improve public access and wildlife habitat on public lands and streams. I think they do good work. Like most have said, plenty of good groups out there and this is one of them if you are a public land hunter.

Thanks guys! I hadn't run into them and thought this forum was the place to find out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back