Back Country Backpack Hunting

It looks like you new list is an up grade for sure their is a fine line on getting real good gear for your first trip vs buying used or borrow for your 1st trip due to the fact that you may love it or not so much esp going solo
also look for sales my sleeping bag was around $ 450 but got an off season 40% off its 1.5 lbs
love my big agnes tent and I buy cold pruf merino wool great prices n great gear

For a sleeping bag watch gohunt and when they put them on sale you can get a great bag for the price of a "ok" bag (also you can always use the RANDY code and you will save close to the sale price unless it is a really big sale). Get down if you can afford it. I recommend a Steripen with a filter or pre filter for water. Jetboil is well worth it, i specifically like my mini mo because you can cook/simmer in it too. Packs you can also normally get a good deal on gohunt or mountain archery especially mystery ranch. Buy merino for your base. A cheap way to get into merino and be sold on it is the meriwool boxers and socks or watch black ovis/camo fire for black ovis merino sales. Lots of guys dont like camelbak but I havent had any issues. If you clean it good before you use it I dont think it has a taste really. I have a bladder and a nalgene wide mouth I carry with me. We have a tent from Alps that we got a good deal on. If I was buying new and wanting to get a decent tent for a good price Id look at REI for their brand tent and get a rei membership if you dont already have one to get the 20% off coupon 4x a year. North Face are also supposed to be decent and if you have a north face outlet nearby they are normally 40-60% off.

Any update on your final gear shakedown? Things you wished you brought but forgot and things you wished you left at home?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back