PEAX Equipment

AZGFD screwup

junior88

3 of us put in on our deer app. We got lucky and drew kaibab early tags. My son and i have received ours but my dad has not. 3 days ago a stranger my dad has never seen before comes to his door. My dad does not answer. Later that afternoon my parents are outside seeing off the grandkids and the guy comes back. He asks my dad his name and then hands my father his kaibab tag.

it seems that when the tags were being put in their envelopes my dad's tag was put in the envelope with the other guy's tag. the other guy lives about a mile away from my dad. what a nice guy.

about 10-15 years ago the post office delivered my dad's deer tag to a guy in kingman. as luck would have it the guy was a hunter and recognized what it was and wrote down the address and mailed it to my dad in a manilla envelope with an explanation. crazy!

About ten years ago, same thing happend the oppisite way. I got a spring turkey tag in the mail and I opened it and My tag and another 1 were in it. Did not know the guy, but took it to his house and He didn't even know he drew 1. Needlles to say he was very happy. Wis that whould happen to Me with a sheep or elk tag....BOB!

I would have been calling old friends from high school looking to get a fake ID. kidding... good luck

I used to apply for and hunt deer every year I could draw in Wyoming. One year, I received another persons tag behind mine...I sent it back to the WGFD so they could send it to the guy it belonged to. The very next year I got a letter from the WGFD. It seems that a guy who worked for the post office stole 2 bags of mail and took them home looking for money and such. Well, the guy was caught and my license for that year was in one of the bags. They resent me a new license and stated that my name and everyone else that had mail stolen was in a lawsuit against the guy and that I would eventually hear something and should receive some money for damages. Hell, I was just glad to get my deer license and never expected or wanted anything else. Over a year went by when I received a piece of mail that I didn't know who it was from or what it was. I opened it and it was a check for around $35, if my mind serves me right. I laughed about it and since I was in my early 20's, probably went out and bought a case or two of beer. :)

Back