AZDFG - Worst Agency web site ever?

Is AZDFG the worst agency web site ever?

• YES

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • YES

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • YES

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • YES

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • YES

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

44hunter45

I have spent the entire morning trying to set up an account for to buy youth points for my granddaughter. Without success.
Up to my ears in Captchas and two-factor verification to get to a point where it says call customer service if you can't log on. That number is not listed anywhere

I finally get to the general AZDFG number - Option option 7 for Web page and Customer Portal Support

FWIW - When you press option 7 at the AZDFG phone number, you get message saying you have pressed an invalid option.

Then I try option 5, Customer Service. I get "please call back between 8-5 M-F"

No wonder they sell them so cheap.

After flaming AZDFG in their feedback survey, I get this gem.
Untitled_opt.jpg

The website isn’t hard to manage. If you understand the draw and portal are to separate systems it is simpler.

I have spent the entire morning trying to set up an account for to buy youth points for my granddaughter. Without success.
Up to my ears in Captchas and two-factor verification to get to a point where it says call customer service if you can't log on. That number is not listed anywhere

I finally get to the general AZDFG number - Option option 7 for Web page and Customer Portal Support

FWIW - When you press option 7 at the AZDFG phone number, you get message saying you have pressed an invalid option.

Then I try option 5, Customer Service. I get "please call back between 8-5 M-F"

No wonder they sell them so cheap.

After flaming AZDFG in their feedback survey, I get this gem.
View attachment 173846
Your Idaho system holds the record in my book after this past december 1st!

Personally I haven't had any problem with their system this year or in previous years, but it sounds like a decent number of people had problems this year.
Since the draw just closed I'm guessing they aren't manning the phone lines 24/7 so that their people can have a couple days off.
Hopefully if you try back Monday it'll go smoother for you. Luckily you have a couple months to get it taken care of before you can buy points; so you're ahead of the game.

Use the "buy a license" link and "new customer" if it's the kids first. Takes 2 minutes. There is no need to set up a portal account.

Last edited:
Use the "buy a license" link and "new customer" if it's the kids first. Takes 2 minutes.
Did that. Now can't log in to the created account. Says "resend validation email?" Did that, comes back with already validated. Try to log get this.

So, not 2 minutes. I'll have to call on my lunch break some day this week.

1. Home
  2. Customer

There was an error locating the customer information.​

Please Update Account Information.
Or
Please Login.
Or
Call (602) 942-3000 between the hours of 8:00AM and 5:00PM AZ Time Monday through Friday,
and press option #4 or #5.

Don't know if it will work but the new default user name syntax is first initial last name.

I can log into my account with my email, old username, or the new default username.

Don't know if it will work but the new default user name syntax is first initial last name.

I can log into my account with my email, old username, or the new default username.
I can log into my account fine. It is the new account I created for her that I can't get in to.

If you e-mail customer service they're actually helpful and will fix it for you. They probably do 100 accounts per day.
Can't say that I love Oregon, Idaho, or Montana's websites either.

Whether the issues are the user’s fault or the department’s fault, I’ve gotta imagine that customer service at AZGF is one of the more redundant and thankless jobs around.

Realize it's only partially related to the website but I'm not yet permitted to start new threads.

Is there contact information for AZDFG biologists somewhere? Speaking with the local biologists has been helpful to me in other states but haven't been able to find any info in Arizona.

Any insights much appreciated.

Az has about a quarter of the operating budget as other states like Colorado, they do the best they can with what they have.

Realize it's only partially related to the website but I'm not yet permitted to start new threads.

Is there contact information for AZDFG biologists somewhere? Speaking with the local biologists has been helpful to me in other states but haven't been able to find any info in Arizona.

Any insights much appreciated.
Call up the regional office and ask for contact info.

I hate that you can’t just apply for multiple species all at once, put them in your cart and check out once and for all.
They are changing this for the fall "limited entry" draw, hopefully they will bring the change to all the draws.

I want to see a full 'worst web site' ranking, I feel like this is the kind of category New Mexico should take handily

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back