PEAX Equipment

AZ results are up

I drew permit number 12 on Unit 1 and like WapitiBob says, It's going to be a good year!

Pulled 6A early archery, super stoked, first AZ elk hunt

I had that tag last year - it's a good opportunity unit (lotta elk) with the price tag of having damn near ever elk hunter and posse member in the west in your lap. I was into bulls every single day and only my considerable hunting limitations kept me from tagging a big bull early. Start looking at maps and talk to the game wardens now, especially if you won't be able to scout for it. I might be able to help answer any specific questions you might have, just as a few others on the board might, too.

I just gave my bow a big pep talk.......

Try trash talking it a little. Then play "Good Cop" closer to the hunt. I'm sure you drew a good unit - hope you kill a toad! Let me know if I can help out - unless it's on the days I'll be painting my toenails this September. I drew for dove. :mad:

I had that tag last year - it's a good opportunity unit (lotta elk) with the price tag of having damn near ever elk hunter and posse member in the west in your lap. I was into bulls every single day and only my considerable hunting limitations kept me from tagging a big bull early. Start looking at maps and talk to the game wardens now, especially if you won't be able to scout for it. I might be able to help answer any specific questions you might have, just as a few others on the board might, too.

Thanks DDD, sent you a PM. I could tell by the tag allocation it wouldn't be a lonely OYO adventure, but a fun DYI hunt anyway. I am planning a scouting trip mixed with a family visit to Sedona and the Grand Canyon in August. I see a ton of roads cutting through the whole unit on google earth. Are they in good shape, do they stay that way after a rain, are most open? I'll have plenty more ?s but save them for private conversation and post scouting. Going to talk to a local friend and the game wardens as well. Regardless super excited!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back