Caribou Gear Tarp

AZ is O.K. for vacation! (pic heavy)

schmalts

2 weeks ago I took the wife and kid to AZ on a spur of the moment family vacation. Figured what the hell, gas is cheap, lets fly to PHX and rent a car and drive around for 6 days.
Started with going to meet a gay man for lunch in peckerwood.. I mean Cottonwood..holding a cute kid trying to prove that this means he had sex with a woman...:rolleyes:
SANY0001-2.jpg

then saw some Elk on the way to the big ditch. The kid was pumped!! wife finally got to smell what I have been talking about when I say you can smell them before you see them sometimes.
P1040698.jpg

P1040684-1.jpg

P1040721.jpg

Then over to Winslow to look at the meteor crater
P1040754.jpg

then over in the White mountains but that sucked as we were socked in with low clouds at higher elevation. On the way down to salt river canyon we stopped at these ruins.
P1040769.jpg

P1040771.jpg

P1040773.jpg

Then the salt river canyon was awsome!!
P1040802.jpg

P1040796.jpg

Then headed down to where I will be deer hunting this coming week to cache some powder and primers since I can't fly with them. This is sad that we had to see this sign and others like it on US soil. this was in the Montazuma pass area
P1040816.jpg

Nice pics Pat. I just got on the ground a couple hours ago. Sure beats the -29 I woke up to this morning.

You gonna be hunting or are you just one of those dorks that wears camo year round?:D

Me and the boy did an underground copper mine tour in Bisbee. pretty cool and the kid loved it.
P1040818.jpg

P1040830.jpg

Then we went up to Benson and did the cave tour. Really cool place but sucked balls that they do not allow cameras in the cave so this is the only picture I took besides a couple in the museum.
P1040856.jpg

Then rode over to Cochise stonghold. I camped there a lot as a kid when I lived in Tucson.
SANY0011.jpg

P1040857.jpg

SANY0007-1.jpg

And got some good pictures of these little chickens!
SANY0029.jpg

SANY0023.jpg

P1040888.jpg

P1040881.jpg

Nice pics Pat. I just got on the ground a couple hours ago. Sure beats the -29 I woke up to this morning.

You gonna be hunting or are you just one of those dorks that wears camo year round?:D

Dork, I saved this last picture for you as I know you will love it. And what are you talking about? is there any other clothes besides camo:confused:

P1040926.jpg

You sure picked the best time of year to go to AZ. Did you have to grand canyon to yourself?

Cool pics.

Cool, pics... you saw some of Arizona 's nice spots... did you go to Fort Apache.or straight up to Show low... [ nice family]

Cool, pics... you saw some of Arizona 's nice spots... did you go to Fort Apache.or straight up to Show low... [ nice family]

Went from Showlow down, through fort Apache. That is where the Kinishba ruins were. Did not stop in Fort Apache though. Wife was not interested in seeing anything there

Arizona is my favorite cheap vacation. Tons of wild animals can be seen from your car just driving the hiways and back roads. Great pics Schmalts.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back