Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Raccoons

KmDbu2C.png

They make pretty good "props" for photos.

ya!

GWB
Good taste in beer!
AND revolvers!

I think the dang things got distemper this spring, I haven’t hardly seen one, not many coyotes around either.

I’ve seen many, many more fawns and turkey poults this summer. Maybe Mother Nature is balancing back out.

I think the dang things got distemper this spring, I haven’t hardly seen one, not many coyotes around either.

I’ve seen many, many more fawns and turkey poults this summer. Maybe Mother Nature is balancing back out.
I have never seen so many young turkeys in my entire life around here. Pending a decent winter, next spring should be crazy with birds!

I can't believe I missed this...holy smokes. Its pretty easy to see why they kept telling their friends about this gold mine.

"Hey you aren't going to believe this George but I found the absolute best place to eat"

"O stop it Karl, I'm not falling for another one of your pranks"

"No I'm serious, its an 3 course meal and there is enough for everyone"

"Sounds too good to be true Karl, I'm not falling for it"

I’ll bet she is. A few years ago we had an area we were absolutely slamming the coyotes in. I mean you always got at least one killed and usually you doubled. We couldn’t kill enough of them for about 3 years. Then we started killing coyotes with the mange and the numbers dropped. I bet your coon numbers drop this year.

Our coon numbers seem down a bit in my area of southern MN, as well. I’ve seen more young turkeys and pheasants than I can ever remember. I still plan on trapping as many coons as I can this fall and winter as long as I can find the time.

If you cook it down on a smoker, there's not much of a flavor. Probably be good as a meat stick like a slim jim 'cause all you'd taste is the seasoning.

Around here you can give or sell them to people who "season they food" if you know them well and deliver them very fresh and in good condition.

Back