AZ Hunters Ed bonus point

How do you add the hunter education number your account after taking it online?

edit: I now see where they will update account will be updated within two weeks of finishing the course

Last edited:
Next year, it will be 10 points for $1000 (buy in groups of 10, like Maine moose "chances").

Shame on AZ GFD. They are probably happy that this gets us talking about something other than how badly AZ GFD botched the 2021 Elk/Pronghorn draw. And something other than how they used licensing dollars to pay Newberg and other influencers.

But sure, AZ GFD is doing this for our youth. The poor youth that have hunter ed field day backlog due to Covid. Revenue windfall is an unintended side effect.

How much of the $150/$300 payment is kept by Kalkomey enterprises which manages this for AZ GFD? Kalkomey runs Hunter-ed.com and has relationships with various states. Wouldn't be at all surprised if this was Kalkomey's idea...

At least I now have a back in my day we had to travel both ways kinda story to tell the newly fledged bazillion permanent point holders. Can’t wait for them to start complaining on how they had to tirelessly click thru slides……

At least I now have a back in my day we had to travel both ways kinda story to tell the newly fledged bazillion permanent point holders. Can’t wait for them to start complaining on how they had to tirelessly click thru slides……
Took me over an hour! SMH

How much of the $150/$300 payment is kept by Kalkomey enterprises which manages this for AZ GFD? Kalkomey runs Hunter-ed.com and has relationships with various states. Wouldn't be at all surprised if this was Kalkomey's idea...

All i know is they damn sure should have hired Kalkomey to run their draw too. Kalkomey's setup for NV is the class of the west as far as draw applications go IMO.

Of course now pretty much all the nonresidents are going to spring for the $300 to take the course so taking the course is just going to keep you even with a big chunk of people.
Yeah I was actually disappointed that it got easier. Now I basically have to take it to stay even, instead of benefiting by making the trip sometime.

i don't know about the rest of you but i would love to see all bonus and preference points disappear. I know it will never happen but i can dream right?
It happened in Montana a while back, and it WILL happen again somewhere.

I did the online class and do feel a little slimy. I'm right on the edge of drawing some pretty good archery elk units with 14 points and if I didn't do the class it could set me back years.

Don't blame you guys who did the in person class for being upset. Just a BIG money grab now.
Don’t feel slimy. You have to play by the rules, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t argue against them at the same time. This was a BS move by AZ, but taking “advantage” of the $300 fee to stay equal to everyone else, isn’t slimy.

What’s sad is that a government agency that exists at the pleasure of its citizens is essentially acting as a capitalistic entity WHICH IT IS NOT. “Market” forces are the reason that people will continue to pay into AZ. They’re offering something that many other states don’t offer, and they have room to pay the price. My rub is that it isn’t the “free market” they’re participating in. They’re selling a parody that no one else in their state can sell. A private land owner couldn’t sell an elk hunt if they wanted to even if the state got their cut for the tag, AND even if they could, a private land owner has to own land they can make a living on to sell that hunt while AZ got state trust land handed to the for free and sells hunts in federal land as well. Sure no one HAS to pay, but it’s still basically a monopoly. AZ has a monopoly on hunting elk in AZ. That’s a kind of market(and remains subject to some market forces) but it’s not the free market.

Just found out about this last week. Currently half way through the class. With gas prices in this state, it’s cheaper to do the online version for me. Hopefully the extra $ helps with conservation.

How do you add the hunter education number your account after taking it online?

edit: I now see where they will update account will be updated within two weeks of finishing the course
I'm wondering if we have to print the certificate out and send it in tho them? That part doesn't seem to be spelled out very well. When I signed up for the course I made sure and had all my AZ customer identification numbers and everything but it's been over 2 weeks for me and the extra point is not showing up yet.

I took this course when it first came out and called AZ g&f because mine hasn't shown up on my account either. After multiple attempts to reach them, I got a call back and was told it could take 2-3 months to show up on the portal.

They sure are good at taking my money. Not so good at exceeding my expectations. Heck, they don't even have a great track record of meeting them.

That's why you take the one day nr class in Kingman; Don hand walks the results into the dept and watches them input it.

The portal isn't live data and points are updated to it twice/year.
Every time I check for an open class it always come up as none available. When do you think is the best time to try? Would reaching out to Don directly be a more efficient option?

I sent AZ Fish & Game an email asking about when the point will be added. Here is what they responded with..."It will automatically add to your portal after the next draw."

They then followed up with..."You will have the point for the draw. With the way that the system works, it just doesn't show in your portal after it is updated after each draw. But, you do have the point and it will be used in your favor."

I'm wondering if we have to print the certificate out and send it in tho them? That part doesn't seem to be spelled out very well. When I signed up for the course I made sure and had all my AZ customer identification numbers and everything but it's been over 2 weeks for me and the extra point is not showing up yet.
I am in the same boat. Nothing here either. It was pretty clearly stated that it would automatically be update on your account so I am not sure what the issue is

Back