AZ Coues hunt

Nice photos

Hey Buzz nice story.I just got back from Montana and was lookng forward to getting back and checking out the pics.
Like I said If you want to try to draw together next year,I guarantee at least shots at 100"+ coues.
You are A great hunter with great ethics and I would enjoy hunting with you again.
The weather his is perfect for hunting them with A bow so I ll let you know how I do.
Richard~
P.S. Ill take some more of that awsome jerky. :D

AZ 402.. I have killed over a dozen coues...all down south of Tucson.. 1 in unit 27 near Honeymoon.....Some hunts were tuff .. most were easy as in the good old days .. you could always count 100 deer in a day.....I haven`t hunted them in about twenty years.....You could always get a coues tag with your 4th or 5th choice on your permit [good old days] there were hundreds of leftover tags at times. Those days are long gone.

No doubt you guys hunted hard.....I`ve seen coues in 6a/22/23/ even just south of Payson....but never like i have seen down south [border units].. My favorite place to get them was in the cactus country near Patagonia and Pena blanca lakes... killed a 129 lb one in the 70`s down there... most were small.

Congrats on a beaut!!! I'm hoping to get to chase those in the next couple of years! Looks like to much fun and beautiful to boot. A pard has one mounted and it is one of the best looking mounts I've seen.

...his front shoulder...
Where's the rear shoulder located??? ;)

Congrats Buzz and thanks for the story and pics....ditto as well on the assist there Stan. That's what makes these boards interesting to me is when members hook up and do well!

Was out yesterday looking around and saw a few Coues and thought of this hunt. Wishing one of you HT'rs would have drawn a tag, I'd have been fun to get out and hunt them again this year.

Hopefully. It got a lot harder to draw the December hunt this year. I'm not sure why but they moved most of the tags to Late Oct here in Central AZ. I bet you could draw that Oct hunt pretty easy, it's just not a great hunt. If anyone did draw a December tag it would be nice with only a handful of other hunters in the hills. Although last year I never saw another person while scouting or hunting in the area Buzz took his buck.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back