Awesome hunters

220yotekiller

Ok guys, so I do a lot of reading about hunting. What I am wondering is what are some of your favorite hunters from history? Some of my favorites are the Indian maneater hunter Jim Corbett, Alaska's wolf man Frank Glasser, and Peter Capstick.

Those Hushin guys are pretty badazz hunters, Muley Freak, the BRO bros, Elk Shape, soooo many to choose from....

But seriously, Shockey seems like a solid nomination.

i just finished Ruark’s Horn of the Hunter. His writing about PH Harry Selby was pretty good. Would have loved to hunt with Selby.
His son Mark Selby was still active in South Africa in the 1980s. My former brother in law hunted with him. On the last night of their hunt, he actually met Harry.
Bucket list event.
The younger Selby died in 2017

mine didn't make the cut, but I have never hunted with a more "colorful" PH than Willie Engelbrecht. I think Happy Myles will also remember him and maybe hunted with him. Very good PH, but not for the weak of heart.

I probably should also give a shout out to Eva. Good bow hunter and promoter for female hunting.

His son Mark Selby was still active in South Africa in the 1980s. My former brother in law hunted with him. On the last night of their hunt, he actually met Harry.
Bucket list event.
The younger Selby died in 2017
That is awesome! I believe the elder Selby passed the next year at 92or 93 years old.

Gail Olivier

and like April, I will also mention a female who promotes female hunting and has hunted around the world. Brittany Boddington

mine didn't make the cut, but I have never hunted with a more "colorful" PH than Willie Engelbrecht. I think Happy Myles will also remember him and maybe hunted with him. Very good PH, but not for the weak of heart.

I probably should also give a shout out to Eva. Good bow hunter and promoter for female hunting.
Europe, I met Willie Englebrecht but never hunted with him. Mark Selby and I hunted most of Tanzania together, a 35 day safari and another 30 day adventure. We also spent a month in Botswana. Spent some time with his dad, Harry during those years. I have been a very lucky man over the decades have had countless safari all over Africa. Sadly many of my professional hunter friends have passed away. Another no one has mentioned was Voelker Grellmann, elephant PH par excellance. He looked like a PH picked by central casting. We hunted many elephant several times all over the Caprivi and Bushman land. Mark passed away in 2017 as I recall.

Last edited:
Outfitter from Gordon Eastman's video High Wild and Free. Would have been something to hunt stone sheep in that area back then. Book and other ones by the author look like they are worth reading.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back