Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Audio Books/Podcasts on the Road Recommendations

Some great books especially in audio form:
True Grit
Deliverance
To Kill a Mockingbird
No Country For Old Men
I've read three of the four but only watched the movie No Country for Old Men. I'll look into it.

I'm in the same boat as you as far as traveling for work. If your into history check out: All Audiobooks
1.Empire of the Summer Moon By SC Gwynne
2. Custer's Trials By TJ Stiles
3. Rebel Yell By SC Gwynne

I've also listened to many biographies on founding fathers.
Number three has got my attention!

I've spent year doing the audio book and podcast thing on the road.

Audiobooks -
Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum stuff will have you in stitches.
Wallace Stegner will eat up the miles.
C.J. Box
Fantasy/Sci-Fi stuff - I like Brandon Sanderson. Also the Robert Jordan Wheel of Time Series (which was finished by Sanderson after Jordan's death.)

Podcasts-
Big Fin's - Hunttalk and Elk Talk.
The Your Mountain Podcast.
Remi Warren - Cutting the Distance.
Hal Herring - BHA Podcast and Blast.
I still listen to Ryan Callaghan's Week in Review.

Ryan and Remi are the only MeatEater podcasts I listen to regularly. The rest are whiny or just 6 dudes talking. If Rinella has an interesting guest, such as Tom Brokaw, I will listen.
THe ads on MeatEater shows have gotten ridiculous. I keep my finger near the 30 sec skip button.
Looks like some good stuff, thank you.

If you're a Theodore Roosevelt fan:

• Theodore Roosevelt for the defense
  • The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt (1 of 3)

Highly recommend audio book Hatchet 1986 Newbery Award winner by Gary Paulsen. I know a 4 grader book but try to fall asleep while it is on and you can't do it. Had it for youth Elk, Deer, and Javelina hunt to Arizona with a quick stop to hunt doe Antelope in Wyoming from Ohio. Neither of us could sleep with it on regardless of time and where we were in cycle of driving and sleeping.

It is a book about a city kid who is the only one to survive an airplane crash in bush country with just a hatchet.

I like to read about rock n roll bands/ individuals. It's a life i tried hard to have but in the end, had to give up those dreams and live through others. Here's some recommendations I really enjoyed.

Henry Rollins- Get in the Van
Chris Cornell- Total F×@king Goodhead
Bon Scott- The Last Highway
Sammy Hagar- Red
Lemmy- The Definitive Biography
Janes Addiction- Whore's
Dave Mustaine- Mustaine
Motorhead- Beer drinkers and hell raisers
Motley Crue- The Dirt

In no particular order but all good reads(listens). Hope you find enjoyment in some of these selections.

Listened to John Grisham Calico Joe. Kept me awake for last part of 24 hrs drive with 2 hours of sleep. Need to think more about when angry with kids cause of something did or didn't do. Baseball side was interesting as well.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back