ATV haters eat your heart out: Mud Bogging

dgibson

Here's some folks that should warm the cockles of Buzz's heart: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Wolfe and a dwindling number of Forest Service enforcement officers nationwide find themselves in an uphill battle with horsepower junkies who illegally test their tires and engines in fragile wetlands and riverbeds on public land. The goal is to see whose rig can plow the deepest into molasses-thick mud and emerge unscathed — or emerge at all.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>It's hard to tell exactly how many people illegally mud bog nationwide — or even from one national forest to the next. Offenders can do years' worth of damage in five minutes. With an average of one Forest Service enforcement agent per million acres, it's hard to catch anyone in the act.

But those who work in the field say the problem has grown in the past decade, in part because of television ads for trucks and SUVs that show vehicles plowing through streams and over steep terrain. In the past four months, mud-boggers have destroyed two wetlands in the Medicine Bow National Forest in Wyoming and a trailhead in the Panhandle National Forest in Idaho.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> http://espn.go.com/outdoors/conservation/s/c_fea_ATV_forest_service_battle.html

MY OPINION: I have to agree that the TV ads don't help things any.

It is what sells to the "Me first" type. Just like the "Own the road" ad for BMWs that show them passing folks with no turn signals, cutting off other drivers, etc.

You know - don't think of anyone or anything else - "just do it" - regardless of the consequences for others.

I think these are two different issues. The first, the mud bogging is horrible, and should be punishable by huge fine, plus much community service trying to repair the damgage.

As for the second, I don't use turn signals, for two reasons, first, to save electricity
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
and second, as I lose the element of Suprise!!!

Cali,

I went to look up and see what Mr. Higgins said about me, but I couldn't find the posts?
frown.gif

I do remember him mentioning that he was some sort of a cooking instructor at some Culinary Institute, or similar, and he even offered me lessons, perhaps he was cooking Sushi, as the school seemed to have a Japanese name.

I hope he was able to get his other ailment addressed, as it seemed to be causing him some discomfort, and like the old lady next door, he had to tell everybody his symptoms...
wink.gif

And by the way, if you ever buy a used vehicle from me, you are actually getting a great deal, as the bulbs in the Turn Signals are BRAND NEW!

WhiteDeer,
Or is it Capers? I always get those two mixed up. Next thing you know, we'll find out that he is the foremost authority on calling Capons, and even makes little Capon Calls, and you too will be in trouble like me, for not paying the appropriate level of respect.
rolleyes.gif
I'd watch it WhiteDeer, or we'll be seeing some more banning and deleting going on....
wink.gif

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cercek
Back