Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Atv abuse

Papaed

So here’s my bitch , been hunting a lot on stimsom lumber property we’re No motor vehicles are allowed , if you hunt you need to know we’re your at and the rules , when you hike in 2.5 miles in dark and set up your spot only to have some lazy local ass driving his quad or side by side around the trails at sunrise , and I say locals cuz they are , and they don’t care , leave trash around and make new trails , I’d like to blame out of state folks but what I have witnessed in the last 3 years is yup locals . Well f&g is gonna be giving out tickets apparently and if it continues timber company is gonna close off completely , so please follow rules hate to see someone go off on the dumb shits

Your location (at least State) would help give some context.

Wherever you are, take pictures and provide them to F&G.

I wish it were a requirement to show location of residence (state of residence as minimum) to post on HT and to describe general location context of posts such as this. Otherwise it is difficult to relate and to understand context of whatever is being discussed.

Wherever you are, take pictures and provide them to F&G.
I wish it were a requirement to show location of residence (state of residence as minimum) to post on HT and to describe general location context of posts such as this. Otherwise it is difficult to relate and to understand context of whatever is being discussed.
Quick google search says Stimson lumber is in Oregon.
They have a lot of properties here in N Idaho. Probably based out of Oregon with timber all over the west.

I had the same problem with local ATVs and Stimson in Idaho last year. ATV guy was a real prick in front of his daughter when I politely pointed out the ATV rule. Son took plate and face pics.

Son called Stimson three times to report with no return call by Stimson. I told him if Stimson doesn’t care, stop wasting his energy on it. ATV abuse is rampant.

I’m not sure IDFG would have any authority to ticket in this situation. Potlach lumber will let you ride on its property for a fee.

This is very true. Stimson also allows employees access, which is their right, and a great perk for employees, but a reason why I opt for other gates to hunt behind. I learned the hard way one year, walked in 3 miles in the dark to be at a clearcut by first light and sat below a landing overlooking the unit waiting for sun-up only to have a pickup with two guys pull up right at sunrise, lol. I just stood up and we looked at each other briefly, and I hiked on out and hunted elsewhere. I could tell they sort of felt bad, although they didn't need to (not my property), but just one of those days where "it sucked to be me!" Lesson learned.

The people who weasel their way in and go around the gates with atv's (when land owner explicitly prohibits it) are definitely annoying though, plenty of ground to use those where it's allowed.

I left two spots early in the day in Oct due to ATVs where they shouldn't be. If I stuck around longer they would have had flat tires. Stimson and Potlatch land in north Idaho. I send pics to local COs but weekends are busy for them.

Best solution is nail their balls to a stump and push them over backwards.

So here’s my bitch , been hunting a lot on stimsom lumber property we’re No motor vehicles are allowed , if you hunt you need to know we’re your at and the rules , when you hike in 2.5 miles in dark and set up your spot only to have some lazy local ass driving his quad or side by side around the trails at sunrise , and I say locals cuz they are , and they don’t care , leave trash around and make new trails , I’d like to blame out of state folks but what I have witnessed in the last 3 years is yup locals . Well f&g is gonna be giving out tickets apparently and if it continues timber company is gonna close off completely , so please follow rules hate to see someone go off on the dumb shits
Sorry to leave and not say Idaho , unit’s 1-7 Farragut area and bunco , good luck will see what deer season brings

This is very true. Stimson also allows employees access, which is their right, and a great perk for employees, but a reason why I opt for other gates to hunt behind. I learned the hard way one year, walked in 3 miles in the dark to be at a clearcut by first light and sat below a landing overlooking the unit waiting for sun-up only to have a pickup with two guys pull up right at sunrise, lol. I just stood up and we looked at each other briefly, and I hiked on out and hunted elsewhere. I could tell they sort of felt bad, although they didn't need to (not my property), but just one of those days where "it sucked to be me!" Lesson learned.

The people who weasel their way in and go around the gates with atv's (when land owner explicitly prohibits it) are definitely annoying though, plenty of ground to use those where it's allowed.
I figured you were from Washington or Oregon just reading the post. I sure have this happen a lot on Port Blakley, Green Diamond and Rainier land particularly.
Hunting industrial forest land and dealing with the companies that own the show really sucks in my opinion.

I’m almost Offended no not from Oregon or Washington, never assume especially in these times, good o Idaho , yup have changed to different spot but did speak to a game warden and there out but wished he had more help , have great day heading out tomorrow it snowed so we might get lucky

I figured you were from Washington or Oregon just reading the post. I sure have this happen a lot on Port Blakley, Green Diamond and Rainier land particularly.
Hunting industrial forest land and dealing with the companies that own the show really sucks in my opinion.
Yep, Oregon Coast.

It’s not just atv. People are lazy and no amount of citations will change that. They will just find a new way to break the rules. I had a guy a few years ago drive around a gated area in a dually diesel pickup and was literally parked in a meadow where I had called a bull in the previous morning. Everyone is so worried about getting ahead of everyone else that they just push the elk deeper and deeper.
Two of my friends had some guys ride an atv about 3.5 miles back a gated road this year in Colorado. The lazy asshats said they couldn’t figure out why the elk weren’t back there when historically they always were. Total idiots. If people aren’t setting up their wall tents and camping in the elk hot spots you can be sure they will at least ride their wheeler in there.

Back