Attn: Waterfowl fanatics!

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
Has anyone ever used a Stealth 2000? Supposedly they are pretty stable and can support a small motor and camo covering.

thats a nice setup. storage and in the field. I'm ashamed to take a pic of mine right now. Needs some cover. Tomorrows task as I got a place I want to hunt Sunday that requires me using it.
Every year I get a big bundle of cattails and spend an evening grassing it up but this year I bought some grass for it from blindgrass.com that I need to get on there. The stuff seems legit.

I've been duck hunting for two seasons now, almost exclusively from a kayak. I bought this H10 partway through last season, and toward the end of the season, I finally got into taking decoys and the like. I decided to get serious about my hide this year. Modified the doors off a $25 Craigslist layout blind, grass mats, and a BAR seat. We will see how she does in a few weeks.

Attachments

• 20220908_193316.jpg
    20220908_193316.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 12
  • 20220908_193325.jpg
    20220908_193325.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
  • 20220908_193433.jpg
    20220908_193433.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
I've been duck hunting for two seasons now, almost exclusively from a kayak. I bought this H10 partway through last season, and toward the end of the season, I finally got into taking decoys and the like. I decided to get serious about my hide this year. Modified the doors off a $25 Craigslist layout blind, grass mats, and a BAR seat. We will see how she does in a few weeks.
How do you paddle? Aren’t those doors in your way?

How do you paddle? Aren’t those doors in your way?
Gotta experiment with that. I am going to try sitting on the cross piece behind them. Or, the doors come off easily with two pins, so if I have to, I can stow them up front and put them on once I am where I want to be and set up. This will be an iterative design experience.

Just finishing up a new boat blind. Kids are turning into men and the old one was getting to small. Almost done. Finishing touches when I return from AK.
I was going to do a simple scissor blind on my boat but your pics have me rethinking it.

I was going to do a simple scissor blind on my boat but your pics have me rethinking it.
I've had pop up style blinds and they have their advantages, especially in hi wind, trailering and storage but I find things are just more efficient with a boat blind. everything has a place and it's always there. Also, here getting a good spot often means being out early. I'm to old to race for spots at mid night and this boat would lose but I get out early where a lot of bigger rigs can't go easily and stay warm and comfy. I am often in my spot 2 or 3 ours before day light and there all day.

Reactions: JDH
I try to be different compared to what the ducks see day after day during their migration.
I avoid large rectangular blinds and instead lay out in a jet sled with a low profile.
I use a boat for transportation, the drag a canoe over the river bank to the marsh,
stash the canoe and hunt laying in a jetsled with my lab behind me waiting in her jetsled.
Scout_canoe.JPG

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back