Attn: Waterfowl fanatics!

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
Spill the beans, let’s hear your tips and techniques you’re going to try this year?
Also, what are the brands you swear by?

As for me, I’m going to try my A-frame blind over water. I’m also considering a new jerk rig! I strictly use Avians and Dakota decoys. I swear by them, much less flairs. I also love hevi-shot’s hevi hammers, I’ve noticed less cripples.

lets hear it, HT!

some duck guys I know:
@jrabq
@nick87
@Runnin_Chupacabra
@teej89
@JShane
I hunt solo mostly laying in a jet sled.
The lab sits in her jet sled behind me, so she can mark the birds, and not suffer from muzzle blast.
I would not hunt waterfowl without a dog as handling a lab is so rewarding.

Jet sleds are handy for picking up decoys, and they keep the lab warm and dry on cold Alaskan hunts.

Didn't make it out this morning, but was able to get out for the afternoon. Went back to a spot I hadn't hunted in two years. We had weather mid-week and another front pushing in tonight, which brought in a lot of birds and they were really moving. Can't say my shooting was the best, but the quality of the birds was pretty fantastic. There were a lot of redheads and pintails around, so I was surprised when what I thought was a redhead drake turned out to be a bull can! What a lucky SOB.
20221104_160857.jpg

20221104_160935.jpg

20221104_163442.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ca_centralcoast_hunter
Back