Attn: Waterfowl fanatics!

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
Here in Washington I usually do not see them 'till late in December or January. These guys are really yellow, fat and happy. Last season got two on the last day, and an eagle in the valley with me got one. Epic to watch the it all unfold.

I’m gonna buy a box of bismuth in 12 gauge, and a box in 16. Take them out with my late dad’s old model 12 in 12ga, and my late father in law’s model 12, in 16 ga Smoke a cigar, drink some black coffee might take Louie along and scratch his ears, and watch some sunrise. Hopefully some teal happen by. My favorites to shoot and eat.

I’m gonna buy a box of bismuth in 12 gauge, and a box in 16. Take them out with my late dad’s old model 12 in 12ga, and my late father in law’s model 12, in 16 ga Smoke a cigar, drink some black coffee might take Louie along and scratch his ears, and watch some sunrise. Hopefully some teal happen by. My favorites to shoot and eat.
I've got an old model 12 and a Steven's sxs 16 ga. Thinking about taking them out for some wood duck shooting myself.

Update on tactics for this season, 1) find water 2) maintain a good attitude through a possibly tough season.

View attachment 191183
I'm hoping this circulating around online will keep the crowds down some this year. Especially if standby hunting wma's are shut dow/changed like last year.
Made for a tough year last year that I'd rather not repeat

Recent DU podcast said mallards, gaddies, and BWT would likely be most affected by the drought. Said birds that nest in boreal Alaska and Canada may do really well this year (GWT, wigeon, ringnecks, etc.). Also said prairie breeders may just overfly the prairie into the boreal but may not breed. So all may not be lost.

But yeah, tell all your friends to leave the decoys packed up this year. 😉

I received some bad news a few weeks ago. My main duck hunting partner decided to move back home to MO where he's from. If you don't have a partner for the local draws you basically get the leftovers after everyone else had made their picks.

I received some bad news a few weeks ago. My main duck hunting partner decided to move back home to MO where he's from. If you don't have a partner for the local draws you basically get the leftovers after everyone else had made their picks.
I’d move if I had to draw out for ducks

Spill the beans, let’s hear your tips and techniques you’re going to try this year?
Also, what are the brands you swear by?

As for me, I’m going to try my A-frame blind over water. I’m also considering a new jerk rig! I strictly use Avians and Dakota decoys. I swear by them, much less flairs. I also love hevi-shot’s hevi hammers, I’ve noticed less cripples.

lets hear it, HT!

some duck guys I know:
@jrabq
@nick87
@Runnin_Chupacabra
@teej89
@JShane

I'm going with the old reliable.

Jump shooting mixed with

3 Decoys in the early season.

A short gang ring for river hunting in the later season

Anchor*******Decoy*******Decoy*******Decoy*******Decoy*******Decoy*******Decoy******Anchor

The short gang rig in rivers is the cats meow.

As far as brands, don't care as long as they are filled with foam.

You can paint your own decoys, which is a lot of fun.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back