Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Attn: Waterfowl fanatics!

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
What do you do with your geese? Jerky? Sausage? Breast them out?
Last season I became a big fan of goose kabobs

Last season I became a big fan of goose kabobs

Teriyaki marinade with alternating jalapenos and pineapple chunks is a kabob a buddy turned me on to. Amazing!

Send them this way!

Only honkers around here stay on small ponds behind rich peoples houses, where they never get shot
Sounds far fetched maybe ask if you can hunt em. You might be surprised. Your already not hunting there so you wont be out anything if they say no.

I would maybe hold onto one spinner. That first 20 to30 minutes of legal shooting they payoff. Especially for wood ducks. Just my .02 I put them out and thirty minutes in or so I pull em.
Yeah, spinners are frustrating. By January the birds have seen them so many times they have figured out the game. I'm trying to think of a way to hide mine a bit so the birds just get a little flash but not that obvious stationary look they normally get. And I think they flare birds even when turned off. But to hide mine I'd have to put it in the treeline which may not look realistic. Although maybe they don't see that enough to be suspicious?

Or maybe try the flock a flicker which is a little more subtle and random? Idk, not sure I want to deal with electronic stuff anymore.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back