Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Attn: Waterfowl fanatics!

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
In light of the spirit of this thread, with the word out of the nesting grounds beginning to leak out that this may be a down year. How might that change your plans for trying anything new? @BoomerUSAF my apologies if this is a derailment.

I just finished putting the blind on the boat.

I'm hoping that the drought might push more birds to work over to the Eastern side of the state (Iowa). On thing for sure is areas with water are going to be busy. We'll probably spend more time on the Mississippi and other interior rivers due to crowding at the WMAs.

In light of the spirit of this thread, with the word out of the nesting grounds beginning to leak out that this may be a down year. How might that change your plans for trying anything new? @BoomerUSAF my apologies if this is a derailment.
Not at all, it’s a great question.

I went scouting on Sunday and hardly found any reliable water.
0AD4C45E-705C-4E3E-92E7-50ACFD81C240.jpeg
It’s going to be interesting. I’d say more mid-season scouting for me as my “honey” holes are dry.

There's no real change for me either. We cant get it to stop raining down here. Most of the east flyway is good to go and some of the major species we see aren't in the pot hole region for breeding. I don't expect any change at all really.

Anybody have experience with Higdon Swimmer decoys?
Sold my 2 Lucky Duck Splasher HD's and plan to replace with either a swimmer or the Higdon crazy kicker.

I've hunted over the kicker a handful of times and like the motion it puts out, but think if the swimmers actually work as advertised it could be a game changer

So I did a thing a few weeks back. Bought my first boat! 16ft flat bottom with an old evinrude. And it fits in my Chicago garage. If you stop hearing from me at some point this fall, I went down with the ship on public on NE IL.

Attachments

• 0B77AACA-A6DC-4420-8F43-A8CC2CB208B1.jpeg
    0B77AACA-A6DC-4420-8F43-A8CC2CB208B1.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back