Attn: Waterfowl fanatics!

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
Not exactly tips/tricks but I thought fellow waterfowlers might be interested…still down in Mexico and was sitting back have a beer at sunset when we heard a hell of a racket, like wood ducks on steroids!

Fulvous whistling ducks landing everywhere! My god they’re loud

2D9F9F8F-EBC8-4751-A684-0AB7F58E23A9.jpegA175FA2D-DB2D-4AD7-BE25-270764DEC5C0.jpeg97F80F22-8436-429D-BA69-E98DC7D6009C.jpeg

Sorry for the poor photos but I don’t have my “big camera” down here.

The legs/feet are bright blue, looks like they’ve got a pair of Mucks on
97B79016-F991-4218-82F4-954066A83426.jpeg

For those interested, here’s the sound..try that times a flock or two of 50 birds and holly hell

Not exactly tips/tricks but I thought fellow waterfowlers might be interested…still down in Mexico and was sitting back have a beer at sunset when we heard a hell of a racket, like wood ducks on steroids!

Fulvous whistling ducks landing everywhere! My god they’re loud

View attachment 194040View attachment 194041View attachment 194042

Sorry for the poor photos but I don’t have my “big camera” down here.

The legs/feet are bright blue, looks like they’ve got a pair of Mucks on
View attachment 194043

For those interested, here’s the sound..try that times a flock or two of 50 birds and holly hell

It's a hell of a show, the black bellied whistlers are the same. The pond in my neighborhood draws a ton of them all year and at sundown they come form every direction to feed around that pond. you always hear them before you see them. Good eats too

I’ve been around/shot plenty of woodies but have never heard anything quite like this. Had the door open (was dealing with a Boone & Crocket scorpion lol) and heard it all the way across the house. Three huge flocks circling in and whistling!

I will also be trying out C&S calls, they’re made twenty minutes from me. Their teal whistle has been great so far.

Had a nice early teal opener this past weekend. Wish we had early wood duck in Alabama.

On the board for '21 with an opportunity jump shoot. Was mowing grass and watched those geese land on the water. Anyone who says that jump shooting is anywhere near as fun as decoying birds is on drugs.
View attachment 194265
Firepit, doghouse, boy with a shotgun, and a dirt road. Put that picture in black and white and you'd swear it was the 1940's. Clean livin right there.

Firepit, doghouse, boy with a shotgun, and a dirt road. Put that picture in black and white and you'd swear it was the 1940's. Clean livin right there.
All except his mom's sandals ge threw on trying to get out the door before the geese took off.🤣

Kentucky early wood duck season.
Good start, let's see how regular season goes!

Taking a kid from work with me this year. He made it along for a hunt Sunday. He didn't get any shots off on the account of the birds coming in right at shooting light and his glasses being thick lensed.
Oh well there will be more opportunities.20210918_090728.jpg20210919_083103.jpg

Kentucky early wood duck season.
Good start, let's see how regular season goes!

Taking a kid from work with me this year. He made it along for a hunt Sunday. He didn't get any shots off on the account of the birds coming in right at shooting light and his glasses being thick lensed.
Oh well there will be more opportunities.View attachment 195274View attachment 195275Man I would love to get a wood duck sometime. Great job and nice set up!

Found a few teal and Canada geese. Passed on many ducks since we had way more big ducks than I was expecting and I'm not great at ID. Found a couple new spots which was even more important.

Really like the motion ducks system. I ended up putting some extra swivels on it so I have 10 decoys moving together. The geese liked it more than anything. The teal seemed to love the spinner.

Found a few teal and Canada geese. Passed on many ducks since we had way more big ducks than I was expecting and I'm not great at ID. Found a couple new spots which was even more important.

Really like the motion ducks system. I ended up putting some extra swivels on it so I have 10 decoys moving together. The geese liked it more than anything. The teal seemed to love the spinner.
Watch a LOT of duck hunting videos on YT, you’ll start really noticing hints in each species.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back