MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Attn: Waterfowl fanatics!

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
Next year, I’m making my waterfowl season as long as I can. Start early goose in ND, in August to late season in Nebraska. The MN season ending in late November is just straight depressing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to give a second thought to Florida. We close January 30th.
I mean no offense when I write this, Florida wouldn’t feel like duck hunting. I want mallards in snow! Florida has it’s draw but it’s not waterfowl.

Got out Saturday morning for the first time since deer season. Pretty slow but ended up with 3 shovelers. After looking in the gun safe that night, I decided to try and find more shells. Still looking this morning.:cautious:
Yes, this was NOT the year for Hail Mary shots! I paid $30/box for 12 ga 3" Kent FastSteel #4 in Montana and those were apparently the only two boxes of steel in the state. I called everywhere from Kalispell to Bozeman to Anaconda to Glasgow and no one had anything. Finally an outdoors store in Lewistown pointed me to a little trading post out in the middle of nowhere. I took all they had on the shelf. Another fella at the refuge resorted to Mac's Prairie Wings. Had to take bismuth at $60/box. I'd go shoot trap reloads at sharpies on BMA before paying sixty bucks a box!

Last edited:
Found my shot shell wad while breasting out a mallard tonight, quite the surprise...

View attachment 205779
Jeezus! You should have let that one get out there a little further ... or rather a LOT further. Never heard of that before. Wait ... did your steel shot get wet and rust into a ball? Better check your shotgun barrel!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back