Attn: Waterfowl fanatics!

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
I don't want to talk about all my wasted time and energy lol sure looked promising..... and then there was just zero birds flying, all day.

View attachment 206720
Well I did the same on the same day. Huge feed scouted for days. Thought I had everything perfect should of been a limits all around, 4 geese were killed. You ain't alone it's like being kicked right in the balls, especially when you invite some buddies and tell them your not gonna want to miss this one.

Well I did the same on the same day. Huge feed scouted for days. Thought I had everything perfect should of been a limits all around, 4 geese were killed. You ain't alone it's like being kicked right in the balls, especially when you invite some buddies and tell them your not gonna want to miss this one.
Yup, I convinced two people it was worth coming. We shot 1. Could have limited on ducks....how she goes!

Things are mostly iced up around here, so I took the bike, kayak, trailer, and other filthy items to the car wash and sprayed off a few pounds of mud. Might try to jump shoot a few small creeks that stay open during the remaining weeks of the season. Smoking up some duck jerky right now. Already scheming for next season.

I don't want to talk about all my wasted time and energy lol sure looked promising..... and then there was just zero birds flying, all day.

View attachment 206720
Don't feel bad, I went out Thursday AM and didn't fire a shot. Marsh was mostly frozen except for a few pockets so most of the few birds we had moved out. Now it's back to 60+ degrees.

Well since I'm not the most intelligent person or maybe it's just because I'm a waterfowl hunter but I went back out to the exact same spot.

River opened up quite a bit and wouldn't you know it, fresh geese tracks....hundreds. literally walking around and ON TOP OF our layout blinds. THEY WERE FEEDING NEXT TO THE DEEKS WE LEFT IN THERE.

UGH, o well. We managed to get a group of 4 to just give it up 100% and knocked down 3.

20211227_103848.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Orth
Back