Attn: Waterfowl fanatics!

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
Got out Friday evening for a very quick hunt. It was warm, like mid 50's, and nothing was flying. Had the kayak out again so I snuck down a side slough and jumped a redhead drake and a hen shoveler together. They came home with me.

Got out Saturday, also very warm and calm. Went out late morning and basically saw nothing flying. Just too warm and birds were rafted up soaking up the sun in the middle of the large bodies of water. Used the time to go explore some other places I hadn't hunted out there. Saw some cool spots to go back to. Decided to pack it up early to get back for some college football. Spotted a pair up close to the bank. Put a sneak on them and jumped them, dumping a young drake shoveler. Didn't get skunked.

Some weather coming in this week. Hoping it gets a push of birds in and just gets the birds to be a bit more active.

Got out Saturday morning for the first time since deer season. Pretty slow but ended up with 3 shovelers. After looking in the gun safe that night, I decided to try and find more shells. Still looking this morning.:cautious:

Got out Saturday morning for the first time since deer season. Pretty slow but ended up with 3 shovelers. After looking in the gun safe that night, I decided to try and find more shells. Still looking this morning.:cautious:
Try macks prairie wings online

Try macks prairie wings online
I was going to post that, got an email about a week ago saying they had duck loads in stock. I ordered a case at almost 2x what I paid last year, but could not find any other options, and I've been looking for several months.

Moved the ice eater three times in the last 24 hours in temps from 8 to 20 degrees because I'm ocd. All with waders with a nice size hole in the crotch. Been in and out of the house three times to swap sweatshirts and jackets that were frozen solid which I'm sure my wife is getting sick of drying for me. All for birds that aren't here and probably aren't coming. Oh well, could be worse can you imagine having a hobby like watching sports or some shit. Hope this weather is bringing someone a fresh push of birds somewhere.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back